Sign in to follow this  
danielart

PMDG 777 AND 737 CANT FIND P3D REGISTRY!

Installation cannot continue. your registry does not show a valid prepar3d installation location.

The message i get every time i try to install any PMDG products into P3D. money wasted. any help ASAP would be much appreciated. i have uninstalled p3d so many times to get it to work.... but no. 200 pound seems to have gone down the bucket! cheers folks!

Installation cannot continue. your registry does not show a valid prepar3d ™ installation location.

The message i get every time i try to install any PMDG products into P3D. money wasted. any help ASAP would be much appreciated. i have uninstalled p3d so many times to get it to work.... but no. 200 pound seems to have gone down the bucket! cheers folks!

Daniel (?),

Welcome to the forum. One of the rules here is that all posts need to be signed with a first and last name. This could help us look your info up in our system in order to find clues to help here, among other reasons (posted in the rules threads). As an example, I could've looked at your order to determine when you purchased the products to avoid having to ask the question:

When did you buy the product? If you purchased before v3 came out, you will need to remove the existing version, download the latest version from your existing order page, and install.

Before we start throwing accusations around about "money wasted," why not give us a chance to actually help you fix the issue that exists on your computer...?

By the way, this is the community support forum. If you want official support, the official support site is linked in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

My apologies, my name is Daniel Arthur, and a hello to you :)

I cant remember when i bought the product, as ive been trying to move to V3 for a while. but i reisntalled the product again literally 2 hours ago, its installer is updated. 

I cant remember when i bought the product, as ive been trying to move to V3 for a while. but i reisntalled the product again literally 2 hours ago, its installer is updated. 

In order to update the installer, you need to re-download the installer from our website. The updated installers were placed on our site (downloadable from your existing 777 order page) in October. If you purchased before then, you will need to uninstall, download new installers, and then reinstall. Simply uninstalling and attempting to reinstall with the older installers will not work.

The older installers do not know to look for the P3D registry/install location, which is probably why you're getting the message you're getting.

Kyle Rodgers

Daniel, try using the registry repair tool available free from Flight1.

The latest installers are very good at working with various configurations (especially in the FSX/FSXSE environment) but they will not make repairs to your registry. In my opionion, it is helpful that the installer told you why it cannot proceed. Hope the tool fixes your problem for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

does the flight 1 work with P3D though sir, thanks for your reply

and i downloaded it again from your website, about 3 hours ago

No it doesnt work, unfortunatley

If you're familiar with the registry, you might want to go into it and look at the AppPath entry. It needs to point to the actual P3Dv3 install location (wherever you have it installed). Another way to do this would be to uninstall P3D (all versions), run a program like CCleaner to clean the registry up, and then reinstall P3D (be sure to do so as an administrator). In any case, the lack of a proper registry value for P3D is more of an LM issue than ours. 

(Full names in each post, by the way - this will be somewhat inconvenient for now, until the AVSIM standard waiting period is lifted on your account, allowing you to set up an automatic signature.)

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry about that, I forgot we were addressing P3D instead of MSFS... old brain.  Kyle is offerring the best advice you'll find for this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

how in appdata, do i get it to point to the registry?

If you don't know how to do that, then you shouldn't be editing the registry, to be honest. You can really do a lot of damage to your Windows installation.

(Full names in each post, by the way - final warning.)

Kyle Rodgers

Ive changed my cfg losts of times. im just not aware of how to do this certain thing. it would be great if you could tell me please. at my own risk. just to get it to point to it, thanks

daniel arthur

i ask for this before i do the cc cleaner 

daniel arthur

Ive changed my cfg losts of times. im just not aware of how to do this certain thing. it would be great if you could tell me please. at my own risk. just to get it to point to it, thanks

Accomplish the following at your own risk, being very, very careful to not delete any folders or "files" (entries) in it:

Navigate (using Windows Explorer) to your simulator's directory, just as you'd do to find a config file, but only navigate to the root simulator folder. Copy the path seen at the top of that window (usually something like C:\FSX, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator, etc.).

Next, open RegEdit by opening the Start Menu, typing "RegEdit" (no quotes), and hitting enter. Find the simulator folder in the registry looking at the image below (making the appropriate adjustments for the version - v3 instead of v2 - as required). Check the AppPath string. It's likely pointing to the wrong spot. Double click it to open it, and then paste the path to your simulator that you copied earlier. Click okay and close the Registry Editor.

3ism.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Still not worked. 

just reinstalled Prepar3d again aswell and amde sure the right registry is in there too.

Daniel Arthur

just reinstalled Prepar3d again aswell and amde sure the right registry is in there too.

Estonia Migration Tool installed?

Kyle Rodgers