Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Best way to delete completely unwanted default AC in P3d

Anybody know best way to delete unwanted default AC in P3d

Easy to delete the ac folder, but is there any other stuff to check like gauges folder etc.

Also if anybody knows whats the latest advice regards unused scenery, does it kill perf if I leave them selected in scenery library. Confused by the fact that no way to individually enable disable orbyx airports, just says ftxglobal airports in scenery, so seems you have to have all orbyx airports selected if you just need one.

cheers

Not sure about the scenery library,just don't touch the default aircraft.for what you gain you can open a whole can of worms.

best just leave them alone and use the favourites option button.that way when you click it you will only see what you want.

cheers

steve

Thanks for that, will be making use of that redundant  favourite option.

Not about to open a can of worms on a platform that is begging for it.

cheers

Theres no problem to delete the unwanted AC from the airplanes folder.

I do that for years now.

I would recommend to backup it somewhere else.

But I wouldn't touch the gauges folder as some addon aircraft need some of the standard files there.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just move the folders (cust/paste) to some other directory outside your P3D. Thats what I did..the only default aicraft folder I did not remove was the Raptor..since that is in the default flight I like to leave the default as is.

I took everything out and have just the few addons that I had added..the PMDG 777, 737 the airbus, F1 King Air  and real air Dukes

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

My reason for asking is cause been downloading free cargo  heavies from Rikoooo website.

And I know the fuller the ac folder, the slower things get in all sorts of wrong places.

I leave gauges alone, copy out all the stuff don't need.

Just got fleet of antonovs from Rikoooo, looking to make billion in Airhauler.

thanks

If you are just wanting to "declutter" the aircraft listing, for each one you don't want to "see" change the panel.cfg file to panel.bak, or...

...rename the ..\panel folder to ..\panel.disable or something like that.

Without a panel.cfg file, P3D will ignore that aircraft and not bother parsing it for the display, thereby speeding things up for you.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator