Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Brake Temp´s during/ after Take off roll?!

Hello. 

I don´t know if this is a bug or something. But everytime i´m looking on the brake temp´s immediately after take off, i see values of 2.0 - 2.3 etc. Is this normal or do i have some problems with my saitek pedals/ settings?  When this is normal, why do we get warm brakes during the take off roll? I see this behavior with every bird of the PMDG T7 series (777-300ER, 777-200LR...). 

I hope you can give me an answer. 

Thanks! 

I hope you can give me an answer. 

Usually indicates brake dragging (rather significant in your case).

Using hardware rudder pedals?

Kyle Rodgers

Usually indicates brake dragging (rather significant in your case).

Using hardware rudder pedals?

Ok. So it´s not right that the brake temp is between 2.0 and 2.4 right after take off? Yes, i´m using Saitek pro flight rudder pedals. I don´t configurate them with fsuipc, only in fsx settings. 

Ok. So it´s not right that the brake temp is between 2.0 and 2.4 right after take off? Yes, i´m using Saitek pro flight rudder pedals. I don´t configurate them with fsuipc, only in fsx settings. 

It is not right, no, but it's due to the hardware.

Assign the axis in FSX. Set it to Reverse. Then go into FSUIPC and calibrate the axes by setting the min slightly above the "resting" position by applying very, very, very slight pressure to the pedals (do NOT select reverse here).

Kyle Rodgers

It is not right, no, but it's due to the hardware.

Assign the axis in FSX. Set it to Reverse. Then go into FSUIPC and calibrate the axes by setting the min slightly above the "resting" position by applying very, very, very slight pressure to the pedals (do NOT select reverse here).

Ah ok. I will try this. But is there no other way to fix this without using fsuipc? 

Ah ok. I will try this. But is there no other way to fix this without using fsuipc? 

Unplug the pedals. Otherwise? No, not to my knowledge.

Kyle Rodgers

Unplug the pedals. Otherwise? No, not to my knowledge.

Okay. i think i did what you told me. I calibrated the axis in fsuipc. Isn´t there an issue know because we have two calibrations for the brakes, now? I mean what about the fsx intern calibration for the brakes? I hope you understand my thoughts^^. 

Okay. i think i did what you told me. I calibrated the axis in fsuipc. Isn´t there an issue know because we have two calibrations for the brakes, now? I mean what about the fsx intern calibration for the brakes? I hope you understand my thoughts^^. 

FSX doesn't have internal calibration. If you click calibrate, FSX pawns you off to Windows. Basically, Windows is receiving the data and passing it to FSX. With FSUIPC, it stands between Windows and FSX and refines the data (in this case providing a null zone on the correct side of the axis) so that it can be used more effectively.

Kyle Rodgers

FSX doesn't have internal calibration. If you click calibrate, FSX pawns you off to Windows. Basically, Windows is receiving the data and passing it to FSX. With FSUIPC, it stands between Windows and FSX and refines the data (in this case providing a null zone on the correct side of the axis) so that it can be used more effectively.

Ok. nice to know. I´ll try ;-). Thank you , Kyle

I´ve got a last question. How can i set a nullzone now? I thought i can set the nullzone normally in my fsx optons! Here´s what i did after your instructions: I enabled the left and richt toe brake in the fsx contoll settings (rev is checked). After that i went in fsuipc to the "joystic calibrations" settings and set the left and the right brake. 

Ok. nice to know. I´ll try ;-). Thank you , Kyle

I´ve got a last question. How can i set a nullzone now? I thought i can set the nullzone normally in my fsx optons! Here´s what i did after your instructions: I enabled the left and richt toe brake in the fsx contoll settings (rev is checked). After that i went in fsuipc to the "joystic calibrations" settings and set the left and the right brake.

As I mentioned earlier:

"Then go into FSUIPC and calibrate the axes by setting the min slightly above the "resting" position by applying very, very, very slight pressure to the pedals (do NOT select reverse here)."

Basically, go to the calibration page, find brakes, and then apply a little pressure on one of the brakes. You will see some numbers change. Hit SET when the number change ever so slightly from the value it was when you hadn't applied pressure. Do the same for the right side (aiming to get the same number that you set on the other brake).

Kyle Rodgers