Sign in to follow this  
richt

These textures will transform your world!

I recently stumbled across this package when searching how to uninstall another texture add-on which I did not like.

I only fly commercial flights, so spend most of my time at airports or at 36,000 feet. I am however always looking for ground textures that look better and more realistic for when I go to spot view or come in to land etc. Obtaining the download files from Sascha was very efficient and the installation very easy. The first impression was wow, what a difference, and a positive one at that!!

I did 2 flights, one from Istanbul to Athens (daytime), the other from Athens to Bucharest (nighttime). First thing I noticed with the daytime flight was that the scenery far away in the distance, which is always blurry (this is something I believe most simulators have) was more prominent than before. This may be due to the more in depth colour and detail of the textures, hence it is more noticeable. I did however manage to tweak my FS9.cfg file to cope with this better, plus I rarely have flights with totally clear skies to view the ground below at a distance. I also changed a couple of things, such as the water textures (I have an excellent Payware package which allows me to choose the colour and wave pattern) and I also have excellent tree and grass texture packages.

The nighttime flight was also a huge improvement. I previously had a payware nighttime package and 3D lights package, but these never looked right and so I always tried to avoid night flights. Now however the look is so realistic I cannot wait to fly at night again. Yet again I did make a small change though, as personally I do not like blurry lights, so I changed the halo.bmp file back to what I had previously, which now gives me a much sharper and precise light affect.

Overall there is only one small thing I do not like, but this may just be a personal thing, and that is the green wiggly lines which I assume represent streams/rivers? I just wish these were not so obvious.

On the whole this is a fantastic package and one that anyone using FS9 would be a fool not to get. Sascha deserves a lot of praise and thanks for the hard work and effort that has gone into this, and unlike many developers nowadays, it is reassuring that there are a small few who still remember that there are many of us still using FS9!!

Rich

• Upvote 1

Post some  screen shots  to show  us  than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Still working on them, and other bits and pieces. But basically I have the design and workflow ready, just need to slog through all texture sets. There are so many of them ;)

Jon, how did you rename the Summer textures to Spring? Did you do that manually or a batch file/command line? I was getting some CTD issues during spring (we're right now in summer).

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I agree with a lot of what Rich says here. I fly mostly GA aircraft so ground appearance is most critical. Now it can really look quite beautiful is some areas like farmland especially. And best of all is you can actually see GREEN on the ground. The first time I flew with these new textures I was quite awestruck by the sight. The package also comes with clouds, runways, and water effects which I consider all to be top notch. The layout of trees on the ground is much more realistic and the sizing appears accurate. I consider this package the single best fs9 addon I've ever had. The title of this post is very true for me. Thanks to Sascha for this most excellent work!

-Kirk

Jon, how did you rename the Summer textures to Spring? Did you do that manually or a batch file/command line? I was getting some CTD issues during spring (we're right now in summer).

Luis,

I did the same last spring (here in Germany it's winter now...). Here is my batch file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bi3wfgwyd7r8w9h/Evo_ren.bat?dl=0

Regards and greetings to Latin America, where I'm flying virtually at the moment - yes because of the summer.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg