Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Badass Pilot Buys Own Fighter Jet

He definitely has the bug.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you for posting this video I enjoyed watching it very much  :smile:  what a beautiful jet.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I had a chance to see one at the Cleveland Airshow years ago. It might be the loudest airplane I've ever heard. Nice video. Thanks.

NAX669.png

Nice video, glad he is living his dream. Can't imagine what owning and maintaining two Harriers would cost...yikes!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting and that is a great story!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'd love to shake that guy's hand. :smile:

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Fantastic story. What a cool guy. I love to see if someone realizes a dream. Thanks for sharing.

Hans

Nice video, glad he is living his dream. Can't imagine what owning and maintaining two Harriers would cost...yikes!

Um, he now has three of 'em! Yikes, he must have really made a huge fortune as a "real estate developer!"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Um, he now has three of 'em! Yikes, he must have really made a huge fortune as a "real estate developer!"

In the early 2000's, when the market was booming, fortunes were made.  Given that plus a career as a military aviator, even becoming a test pilot, which I expect commands hazardous duty pay, he can afford such nice toys.  I'm sitting here regretting my decision to not make my career with the military.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

What a great video.

Since we over here are going to have two carriers - and no aircraft to fly from them for the next few years, can he please come over and protect us here in the UK for a while ? :P

I can use my credit card to buy his first tankful..

Sigh...

what a fantastic aircraft.

I always thought that after a few accidents involving loss of thrust in the hover, someone would come up with a twin engined Harrier. Probably too heavy then for a VTO ?

Best of luck to him & the team.

Regards
Bill