Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How to control turning 'inertia' on the ground?

I thought I would find this in the AircraftContainerSDKFS2004.doc easily enough.. but I've searched in vain. Could someone kindly remind/tell me which parameters control the steering on the ground? I have an aircraft which, once it starts turning after an input from the joystick (or keyboard), keeps on turning under its own momentum some seconds after the joystick has been centralised ('skating on ice' effect). It makes it quite hard to steer in a straight line, especially at speed after landing.

Thanks!

Hey Martin,

I usually Keep it External and LInk the Nose Wheel to the Rudder - or - Create a Second "Ruder Percent Key" Animation - and Apply it to the Nose Wheel Key Frame Animation in Your Modeling Program - Hope this Helps - Let Us know how You make out - Johnman 

Your CG point may need to be moved forward a bit in order to increase the weight on the nose gear. If it is too light, it will tend to 'skate'...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks both - Yes, I recall now Bill, about the nose gear, I've done it before, but a long time ago. I'll adjust things accordingly... :wink: