Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

Calculating fuel needed for flight

How do you calculate the fuel needed for a flight.  I have fsbuild, but there's no prf files for the Phenom 100.  It came with pdf for performance, but how to calculate taxi, t/o, climb, decent and all that.  Any help would be appreciated.

John K

To do it right you need to reference the performance section of the POH which you can find online by searching. If you can't find one pm me and I can provide.

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

You might try fuelplanner.com.  It probably won' t be as exact as Bruce's method, but might be close enough.

Another option, again perhaps not as exact, is to use simbrief.com to generate the flight plan.  It will do fuel calculations that include, taxi, take-off, etc.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I did find I had a POH I downloaded the other day.  I think I've set up a prf for fsbuild.  I'll be trying it out to see how it works (no guarantees).  But if it gets in the ball park, that will be good enough for me.  I did go to fuelplanner.com, but they didn't have a Phenom 100.  And I don't know what would be close to it to get a ruff estimate.  I'll let you guys know when I've tried it a few times and see if I had enough fuel left or too much.

John K

I'm still having trouble getting the files for fsbuild right.  I did a flight from kiah to kelp.  It was 587ktm, and fl360.  My payload was 1312 for a zfw 8212.  Could some one tell me about how much fuel I'd need?  The figures that I got was around 39% in each tank.  Of course that did work.  Now after playing around with the prf file it tells me I need 2076 lbs of fuel.  That's over the fuel capacity.  A work in progress.

John K