Sign in to follow this  
markmco

Steering After Landing and Spoilers - Lear

Made many hops across Florida last night. Very enjoyable. The problems I ran into were pilot related and this last one might also be procedure?

I make (what I think is) a smooth landing, reversers and differential brakes applied. Airspeed drops and I turn on steering. The 'steering' panel light illuminates. Now, there is a 50/50 chance that I actually can steer at all. If I do a maintenance fix on the runway, steering works again.

Am I doing something procedurally wrong? Spoilers; do you assign a hotkey with FSUIPC?

Steering always works before a flight, but only sometimes after landing.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

By chance are you trying to activate the NWS above 45 knots? The system turns itself off at 45kias on the takeoff roll, so my first thought would be early activation.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

By chance are you trying to activate the NWS above 45 knots? The system turns itself off at 45kias on the takeoff roll, so my first thought would be early activation.

It's possible Matt. I try to drain speed down first, slow enough to make a taxi turn. I'll keep a closer eye on bleeding out speed and IAS tonight.

I don't have a hotkey set up for the spoiler, so typically don't use it. Possibly a contributing factor.

A big 'Thank You' to FSW for this addictive plane!

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

I just checked and don't have this issue with v2.0 of the Lear in FSX. Neither with NWS activated nor deactivated.

RobdeVries.jpg

I just checked and don't have this issue with v2.0 of the Lear in FSX. Neither with NWS activated nor deactivated.

P3D v3.0. I have a 50/50 shot it will actually steer after landing. Watching IAS carefully and make sure airspeed is not even live. The strange things:

* Only a problem after landing. Maybe nose is too high on flare and it's getting damaged?

* Steering panel indicator lights as normal, pedals move, but no steering.

* A repair 'fixes' it immediately and steering is restored

I just installed P3D 3.1, so maybe this will make a difference.

Best Regards,

Mark

Yeap,

I had exactly the same issue as you can see in my post(V1.6 in use), but i havent had it anymore.  I learned to fly this bird and i have not tryed an intentionall hard landing to test it, but i can tell that i experienced it if:

- I use flaps above flpas speed(Even a bit)

- I performed a very hard landing

- I lowered the nose above flaps speed(Well, that was my refference, dont know if was above Vle at that time)

So, exactly as you said, after pressing repairs,  everythig went back to normal. :fool:

May be its something to tae a look at.   Im flying now, but after i will try hard landings and abnormal configurations and see....(Currently running V1.9, since 2.0 is not available at Simmarket :fool: )

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Yeap,

I had exactly the same issue as you can see in my post(V1.6 in use), but i havent had it anymore.  I learned to fly this bird and i have not tryed an intentionall hard landing to test it, but i can tell that i experienced it if:

- I use flaps above flpas speed(Even a bit)

- I performed a very hard landing

- I lowered the nose above flaps speed(Well, that was my refference, dont know if was above Vle at that time)

So, exactly as you said, after pressing repairs,  everythig went back to normal. :fool:

May be its something to tae a look at.   Im flying now, but after i will try hard landings and abnormal configurations and see....(Currently running V1.9, since 2.0 is not available at Simmarket :fool: )

Thank you Raphael,

I'm also on 1.9. 2.0 seems minor. I need to wait for PCA to update.

Most everything I thought was a bug in this plane has turned out to be pilot error. I would have given up on most planes by now, but this one is so much fun to fly! Never flew a Lear, but the real thing is probably also not too forgiving.

While my landings are (I think) good, flaps speed may be the problem. I really appreciate you testing for me. I have all day tomorrow for testing myself.

Just installed P3D v3.1 and will re-install the Lear in the morning. Hoping I have an activation left!

Best Regards,

Mark