Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Ford-Project - Off to Manchukuo (China)

Hi Good People,

Just a heads up for those that might be interested - Edward and I are off on a fun tangent from the India Scenery Project by creating some historical (partly fictional) renditions of several 1930's airfields in Manchukuo.

Edward got hold of a book "The Eagles of Manchukuo 1932-45" a couple of months ago and also sent me a copy.   We have focussed on a major aviation company for the region and 1930's era (Manchukuo Aviation Co., Ltd.) and some of the airfields that they were fairly prominent.  

Started off by building some TOYADA truck models (which you will see in the slideshow referenced below) and also build quiet a lot of the various unique building shown in the book.  So far there is over 100 new Flight Sim models that have been created for this project.

Snapshot containing just of a few of the models below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32942&stc=1

If you want to check out the progress of the project so far (Two airfields completed, one under development (almost complete) and one yet to be done) click on the link below to a slideshow that I have created:

www.ford-tri-motor.net/Slideshows/Manchukuo_Project_CHINA.html

I am hoping to have the other two airfield completed and ready for release before Christmas to give you some great eye candy to fly through and enjoy over the holiday season  wavey.gif

Anyway, feel free to view the slideshow - and comments are welcome.

Regards 

Garry and Edward
Your Ford Project Team.
  • Upvote 1

That's an incredible amount of work.  Can't wait to see it completed.  Thanks for all of your contributions to the simming community.