Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Finally! Issue free Saitek Cessna Pro Flight drivers for Windows 10

Finally what for my system is set of what so far appear to be problem free Saitek drivers for Windows 10 for the Cessna Pro Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals.  Learned of these updated drives through a flight instructor at a nearby GA airport where they were having the same issues as me.  These drivers are available via the Downloads section on Saitek.com.  They have a digital signature of 11-6-2015, but were only posted for download about 10 days ago from what I was told. The driver versions I found, downloaded, and installed are now so far are working without issues.  They are:

Pro_Flight_Cessna_Yoke_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers            

Pro_Flight_Cessna_Rudder_Pedals_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers

My setup is not a home cockpit so I cannot keep my yoke and quadrant in position.  The issue I was having with the Saitek devices in Windows 10 in my case, and in others I have seen report the same, was that hot-swap unplugging the devices after use locked up my mouse.  Locked it up to the point that I was forced to power my computer down by holding the power button.  The same issue occurred if I cold-swap connected the Saitek devices before booting up my system.  My only solutions had been to fully boot down my system after flying before unplugging them, and to fully boot up my system before plugging them back in.  This was true for both the yoke and the pedals.   These issues were occurring up to and including driver versions 7_0_44_1_x64.  I never saw or heard of any drivers between 7_0_44_1_x64  and  7_0_47_1_x64.

For other issues try a Google for "SaitekUSBFix.zip". It might also help.

Hope this helps others.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'll try the boot then plug in method to see if I can complete a flight.  I did find a new beta driver for my combat pedals but still had the problem.  I did read somewhere though that if you disconnect and reconnect  it can reinstall the old driver.

I reverted back to Windows 7....I suspect there is something going on with Prepar3d 3.0.

Steve Giblin

I'll try the boot then plug in method to see if I can complete a flight.  I did find a new beta driver for my combat pedals but still had the problem.  I did read somewhere though that if you disconnect and reconnect  it can reinstall the old driver.

I reverted back to Windows 7....I suspect there is something going on with Prepar3d 3.0.

Yes sir, I tried all the things listed above. I Have unchecked all the pwr management boxes and changed all the USB ports, and still the same thing appears in the sim. This has never happened before. I am totally confused. When I get in the sim none of the controllers works (and yet, it is verified on) and it even registers when I go into the control settings from the menu bar. Have you ever seen this before?

Yes sir, I tried all the things listed above. I Have unchecked all the pwr management boxes and changed all the USB ports, and still the same thing appears in the sim. This has never happened before. I am totally confused. When I get in the sim none of the controllers works (and yet, it is verified on) and it even registers when I go into the control settings from the menu bar. Have you ever seen this before?

also, thank you for the input, honestly!

Sorry the suggestions did not cure the issues. Know how frustrating they can be after dealing with similar issues. Surely wish you good luck in resolving the issues you are experiencing! 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I tried the plug in after start method and that seemed to work at least for the short flight I completed.  I'm hoping this all goes away with Prepar3d 3.1.  Fingers crossed.

also, thank you for the input, honestly!

I feel your pain.  I can't count the times over the years that I found myself banging my head against the wall due to one issue or another involving flight simulator.  The encouraging part though is that there are a lot of very helpful people in the forums and most of the problems I experienced were eventually overcome.

That being said, are you using Windows 10?  I had to go back to 7 due to USB issues.  There is one method that you can still try.  It works with windows 8 and 10 and involves a relatively simple registry edit that truly shuts off USB power management.  Give it a try.  Check out the link below...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2830154

Steve Giblin