Sign in to follow this  
oakfloor

no show in FSX

I just bought the sky master, and cannot find it no matter where I load to, yes I have read there help page. Help anyone? Thanks.

Did you install it into FSX?

Does it not show under Carenado?

Maybe you can explain in more detail..

Bert

Did you install it into FSX?

Does it not show under Carenado?

Maybe you can explain in more detail..

I bought the FSX version, that came with the installer. It shows it going to my FSX file, the one with all the other working aircraft, but will not show up when FSX is launched.

Does  it show  up  when you select  it in the select option of  the fsx   splash screen. or  does this apply to your  issue

Question: I´ve just install my recently download aircraft, but it doesn´t show on FSX aircrafts list.

Answer: The most common cause for this problem is a location issue, please make sure that the path for FSX is not duplicated in "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folder, if this is the case you need to manually move the aircraft folder to the "real" FSX installation folder.

if not  then  use  the support option on their  main  page to contact  them

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And just to make sure: Don't install FSX and its add-ons in Program Files (or Program Files (x86)), but in a separate Directory, e.g. C:\games\FSX\ or C:\fs\FSX\, to avoid problems with UAC in post-XP Windows versions.

"Program Files (x86)" is where the all my FSX is,  I have tried to load it manually and I see it on the splash screen, but all I get is a plane with no skin when trying to fly it.. Until now all my payware has loaded correctly, so I don't know why it wont now. Also a I have been on Carendos help forum. It was no help, that's why I'm here now. I really don't know where it goes when I use there installer.

Sorry, but you are not being very clear here...

First it did not show up

Now, it shows up on the splash screen.  That means it is in the right place!

However, when you load it, it "has no skin"... is this the same for the different paints?

Not sure I understand... is it slowly getting better, and what are you doing to change the situation?

Bert

Sounds abit  like  the  HIGHMEMFIX=1   is  not  in your  fsx  cfg  under  graphics section

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry, but you are not being very clear here...

First it did not show up

Now, it shows up on the splash screen.  That means it is in the right place!

However, when you load it, it "has no skin"... is this the same for the different paints?

Not sure I understand... is it slowly getting better, and what are you doing to change the situation?

Sounds abit  like  the  HIGHMEMFIX=1   is  not  in your  fsx  cfg  under  graphics section

All my other payware planes download with the supplied installers, have worked correctly work until now.

All my other payware planes download with the supplied installers, have worked correctly work until now.

So  have  you got  the HIGHMEMFIX=1  in your  cfg  at  least  it  will rule  it  out,  since  this  what causes  some  payware  aircraft  to have missing  textures

Peter kelberg

none of the skins show up on any of the repaints

So  have  you got  the HIGHMEMFIX=1  in your  cfg  at  least  it  will rule  it  out,  since  this  what causes  some  payware  aircraft  to have missing  textures

Thanks for the help.

OK, my C337 is in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\Carenado Skymaster 337

If you can get it to show up in the splash screen when you select it, it is likely installed correctly.

If you sit in the cockpit can you see the panel?

Still not clear what does or does not work..

Please explain in more detail..

Bert

none of the skins show up on any of the repaints

Thanks for the help.

You  making  this  hard  for  others  to help  you here,  just answer  the  question  yes  or  no  have  you got the  HIGHMEMFIX=1  in your cfg  or  not

Peter kelberg

OK, my C337 is in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\Carenado Skymaster 337

If you can get it to show up in the splash screen when you select it, it is likely installed correctly.

If you sit in the cockpit can you see the panel?

Still not clear what does or does not work..

Please explain in more detail..

I can see the panel. what does not work is the installer that came with it. OK lads it's late here on the west coast of the USA. Im  fading away. good day.

You  making  this  hard  for  others  to help  you here,  just answer  the  question  yes  or  no  have  you got the  HIGHMEMFIX=1  in your cfg  or  not

, it's late here and my brain is slowing down, I will check on where that is that and post it here, thanks again for trying to help me, and sorry for the confusion. Good day.

Ok  this  is most confusing  now, now  the installer  doesn't  work,   even  considered  that your  download    could  have  been corrupted  by having  your  avg  running   since  some   avg  play  havoc  when downloading. My suggestion  is  to download  the installer again with  your  avg   off  run  your installer  as admin  and  see how  you go this  time

Peter kelberg