Sign in to follow this  
IonicRipper

Newish to FSX, looking for first payware

The A320 from aerosoft comes with AIRAC 1407 I as far as I know and you can use it as is. No need to update. You can and it's about $10 but absolutely not neccesary.

BUT it also comes with RAAS which is about $30 otherwise and it's a nice feature.

It is the best bang for the buck.

You can use SIMBRIEF to generate entire flightplans and will do just fine.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Im definitely leaning towards the Airbus. After some good amount of digging I found the QW 757 might be a bit too dumbed down for my liking. If I'm going to spend money on payware better go for something you can't go wrong with and make it enjoyable, right?

• Upvote 1

Here  some thing  for  you to ponder  if  your leaning towards  a  airbus, heard  that fslabs  is bringing  one  out  soon :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Here  some thing  for  you to ponder  if  your leaning towards  a  airbus, heard  that fslabs  is bringing  one  out  soon :Tounge:

Is that "soon" in geological terms?  :LMAO:

Is that "soon" in geological terms?  :LMAO:

Lol  well  I  did  say  soon :wink:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The four airliners I cycle through are the PMDG 777, PMDG 737, Aerosoft A320 family, and Majestic Q400. I'm also experimenting with the ifly 747, but I'm not sure yet whether it will get a permanent place in my hanger.

I think the A320 is the only one that will come close to fitting your budget and it's a fine aircraft, but if you can scrape together some more cash, those are my suggestions.

Have fun!

Edit: I saw someone mentioned the Qualitywings 757, more simple than the other offerings but a good start. Also, i read that you're Canadian...i can tell you first hand that buying addons right now in Canadian dollars sucks. What i do is look up the price at simmarket, and pc aviator (both usa and australia) and do the conversions to see what it will really cost me. I've found in some cases pc aviator australia can be a better deal because the Australian dollar is closer to ours...not always though so shop around. Things were WAY better a few years ago when our dollar was on par with the greenback.

If you can be patient (not one of my strong points), you may find a boxing day deal on the Airbus or Q400 packages, but the PMDG planes never go on sale.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks for your message Regis, if the Airbus still doesnt fit my budget Tuesday I might wait to see if anything comes up on boxing day.

And tell me about it for the CND dollar. Even normal video games are now nearly unaffordable. I wonder if our dollar lost value or the American's gained some... Either way I really hope it goes back like it was before sooner then later.

After looking at videos and reviews and trying out some freeware offerings around I think I've found what the 2 most important aspects are for me. Those would be the quality of the virtual cockpit (I just cant stand a cockpit with ugly textures (might just be spoiled from the cockpits from DCS) and the depth of the systems. Flight model is somewhat important but maybe not as much since I don't plan on flying on the edge of the flight envelop like a fighter plane for example. Unfortunately that means I don't think I'll be happy with anything other then the top offerings out there (PMDG, Airbus X, Majestic Q400 etc.)

Well guys, I got the Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 (thanks in part to PaulGR. Thank you very much sir, very generous of you!)

I think I also narrowed my next purchase while looking for an alternative in case the Airbus doesnt work; The QW BAE 146. Any opinions on it?

Well guys, I got the Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 (thanks in part to PaulGR. Thank you very much sir, very generous of you!)

I think I also narrowed my next purchase while looking for an alternative in case the Airbus doesnt work; The QW BAE 146. Any opinions on it?

Glad I could help.

Enjoy it.

PS. Check PM again :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Seems I've caught the bug... Couldnt resist getting another plane in my hangar. But since I already had an airliner I thought it would be fun to try something else and since I really liked my experience with an Aerosoft product I decided to get their Twin Otter  ^_^

hey i have a question is the pmdg 737 a online download or delivery. if you buy it from the pmdg website

When  you order  it  from the website  they personally  come  to your  door  and  hand  it  to you  :Tounge:   jokes  aside   it  tells  you at the product  page

PMDG 737NGX BASE PACKAGE for Flight Simulator X and Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition.

DOWNLOAD DELIVERY ONLY!.

INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO INSTALL.

Digitally delivered products are not refundable!

Peter kelberg

Guest JustanotherPilot

Captain Sim 777 is reasonably priced and has a fully functional FMS and EFB, plenty of liveries as well..