Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

For the Trekkers: 1st Star Trek Beyond Trailer

The Trek continues.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yep. I saw it a few days ago and was about to post it on here but.....I question the Beastie Boys and Star Trek together. 

Yes I have seen every Star Trek TV show and Movie to date

Yes I have heard every Beastie Boy's song ever produced....

but to me Beastie Boys and Star Trek is like Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwhiches....I like Peanut Butter and I like Pickles, just not together. I wish they would stop messing up decades of $hit because I am not sure if even Gene Roddenberry was even a fan of the Beastie Boys

Matthew Kane

Ehhhhh... ummmm... hmmmm.

Yep, that's a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.  I think there's a little mustard on it too.   Blech! :Sick:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I looked into the beastie boys a bit when I saw the video, and I guess you could consider it an easter egg.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Apparently Simon Pegg who also co-wrote the film wasn't a fan of the first trailer as well. Just wait for the movie then

I do like the way it looks and another destroyed Enterprise in it so this looks like fun. I think this is the fourth 1701 to be destroyed.

Matthew Kane

I do like the way it looks and another destroyed Enterprise in it so this looks like fun. I think this is the fourth 1701 to be destroyed.

Galactic exploration is apparently very dangerous. They all need hazard pay. In Star Trek 2009 did'nt they pretty much lose an entire fleet? I would suspect a starship like that must be at least as large an investment to Earth as an Aircraft carrier is to the US now (at the very least) which we assume all had to be replaced. That's a lot people, infrastructure and capital devoted to a (putatively) non-military organization.

And now it looks like Kirk has lost his second ship. Can you imagine any modern organization that would let somebody with his youth and wild record into the captain's chair ever again? Especially of the UFP flagship?

Devons rig

Galactic exploration is apparently very dangerous. They all need hazard pay. In Star Trek 2009 did'nt they pretty much lose an entire fleet? I would suspect a starship like that must be at least as large an investment to Earth as an Aircraft carrier is to the US now (at the very least) which we assume all had to be replaced. That's a lot people, infrastructure and capital devoted to a (putatively) non-military organization.

And now it looks like Kirk has lost his second ship. Can you imagine any modern organization that would let somebody with his youth and wild record into the captain's chair ever again? Especially of the UFP flagship?

Yes how many times has Kirk stepped over the line but reinstated. I would say building a Starship is more expensive then building an Aircraft Carrier of even a Carrier Fleet. The ISS and all the rockets and space shuttles that support or have supported it is a better comparison as multi-nations need to get involved to make it happen. In the 23rd century there will be no more nations on earth so just Earth and the Federation of Planets will support it and intergalactic trade as part of the economy to pay for it.

Matthew Kane

Let's hope that bankers in the 23rd century act a bit more responsibly than their 21st century counterparts.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Whatever you do, just don't trust those Ferengi Bankers, and watch out for Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

So Bankers are just as bad or worse in the 23rd century  :sad:

Matthew Kane

That didn't exactly get my taste buds tingling...

Devons rig

Pricesless!!!!! :dance:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Leave it to the fans to make a better trailer........  :smile:

Devons rig