Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Game controllers stop working... Help needed please!

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this as it is driving me crazy! I can't fly FS at all at the moment because of it, unless I use the keyboard to input everything (not really an option!).

I load up FS9 and start preparations to taxi and usually within ten minutes, both my Saitek X52 and my Nostromo N52 stop working. I thought it was a USB issue, but my keyboard and mouse are fine. Also, when I go into the Saitek Control Panel (where you test all the buttons and functions) everything responds as normal, it's just in the sim that all the programming stops working - that is to say, my profile (how I have programmed all the buttons etc.) is unloaded and a default (I assume) takes over - the button I use to remove brakes now operates flaps instead; the button which changes views now does nothing, and so on. I have checked the fs9.cfg file, but that has not been overwritten and in any case, the keyboard shortcuts I have programmed into the X52 and N52 still work if I input them via the keyboard instead.

In addition, the icon in the task bar changes to a blue circle and I cannot access any of the functions which are normally available there - clicking the blue circle does nothing. If I terminate the Saitek profiler process in Task Manager and plug the X52 back into the USB, the device lights up, but no icon appears in the system tray... As for the N52, I can still access the programming software, but the device itself is to all intents and purposes dead.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme software and drivers, but to no avail. But what is more confusing is that at exactly the same time, my N52 keypad stops working as well. The lights no longer function and there are no inputs working. This kind of indicates a problem with the USB ports rather than a Saitek/Belkin software issue, no? Removing the USB connectors for the X52 and N52 and replacing them does nothing, I need to reboot. But then the same thing happens again, usually before I ever get to take off.

I spend so much time these days dealing with problems in FS9 like this that I am wondering whether it's worth the frustration! I could try uninstalling all the USB ports in Device Manager and rebooting, but I am far from convinced that the problem is with the USB itself, otherwise the Control Panel for the X52 wouldn't show all the buttons, rotaries and sliders working OK), I can't think of what else to do, despite Googling this till my head is swimming! The fact that the N52 stops too is really puzzling...

No information relating to this appears in Event Viewer at all, that I can see.

Appreciate any support here!

Thanks,

Martin

sounds like  a windows  10 issue   since I read  the  same issue  your  having  the  x52  disconnecting  etc   I think there  is a work  around  for  it,  disregard  if  your not  on windows  10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Seen that you  already posted  a  similar  issue  awhile  ago

http://www.avsim.com/topic/452673-usb-problem-with-keypad-and-joystick/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, I had forgotten that. I stopped using the Razer Tartarus and had no issues thereafter - until recently that is! (Tartarus still boxed up as new, I should eBay it!). I never had problems with the Saitek & Nostromo together before though.

Just read, in my ongoing Googling, that the X52 (& N52??) doesn't like USB3.0 ports. I am exploring this further, but I did have them plugged into a USB3.0 port, so I have changed to USB2.0 and we shall see. (This post suggests that the problem goes deeper than the port into which you plug the device. Again, I will follow this up):

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106045