Sign in to follow this  
delamar

FSX vs P3D serials

Hey guys, i have bought the pmdg 777 for fsx, but i was thinking about moving to P3D. My serial only works for the FSX version right? To have the 777 working for P3D will i have to buy another licence??

Thanks,

Francisco.

I am thinking about the move over to P3D as well. Unfortunately, I purchased the 737 and 777 for FSX and PMDG policy is to charge for a complete aircraft re-buy the different licence.

I have been looking at the P3D forum and still see a lot of issues with OOM's. Maybe until some one gets the 64 bit system working, or at least better VAS control, maybe the devil you know is better..... 

Geoff Bryce

Yeah, about oom it doesn't happen to me. I am using 737, 777, vector (not all option are checked), global, asn, flytampa, flightbeam,fsdt.

2048 res, ultra water, custom ai traffic, 2m mesh, shadows on high. I get av mid 20fps with 6600k,16gb ram and 7870 amd

It depends on your settings. I know lot of people are using ftx norcal and other ftx region and the will mostly get oom. If you fly tubed liners all that ftx region are not important.

You look on the various forums and see issues with either can't load it or oom, then again, you see lots of threads with people saying greatest thing since sliced bread. Sort of similar to the FSX positive and negative threads.

You pays your money and takes the chance. Maybe though, P3D has the best chance of going forward due to active work on the code and still similar to FSX so that several of the aircraft and sceneries will work under the same licence.   

Geoff Bryce

People will have problems but it doesnt mean P3D is the source of it. We need to read each thread and see what the problem is.