Sign in to follow this  
jakronym

I Fly 747-400 v2 systems

Hi,

I have heard a lot about the IFly 747 v2 but I was wondering what is not simulated in the aircraft. Plus is it better than ht current pmdg 747?

Thanks

Here is a review or first look at the plane. It's very complete. It's a serie of 3 videos

• Upvote 1

Cheers :)

N.-

Hi,

I have heard a lot about the IFly 747 v2 but I was wondering what is not simulated in the aircraft. Plus is it better than ht current pmdg 747?

Thanks

Be sure to check our front page, the Avsim reviews team publishes reviews of most products, and you can see the previews ones via the front page link

The current Avsim review of the iFly747 is here:

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-ifly-747-400-v2-for-fsxp3d-r3325?st=0#comment_9503

Hi,

Thanks

Of  course its better  than the current  pmdg 747  since   how long  has the pmdg 747  been out compared  to the ifly version.    We just have  to wait  till the new pmdg747v2  comes  out than we see  whats  the best  version is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Of  course its better  than the current  pmdg 747  since   how long  has the pmdg 747  been out compared  to the ifly version.    We just have  to wait  till the new pmdg747v2  comes  out than we see  whats  the best  version is

Probably the PMDG will be a bit better but for the price conscious buyers the iFly is a deal. I have the original PMDG 747 boxed version but will be picking up the iFly version for P3D soon.

Or probably won't be any better. Hard to top something that even real pilots say hits the numbers. And at far lower value

There is no doubt  the pmdgv2  is  going to be better just  have  to look  at the track record of  pmdg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

Plus is it better than the current pmdg 747?

Thanks

I'd say the iFly is probably better than the v1 version of the PMDG version but will probably not be better than v2.

Post from PMDG's Robert Randazzo.

We have been very quietly at work building this simulation with a massive amount of technical accuracy.  As we begin to openly discuss turning the product over to our beta team, I can tell you with confidence that this is the most accurate simulation of a 747-400 that you will find outside of a training center's certified simulator.  From a technical standpoint, this product has really captured not just the big picture of "what lights and messages make a 747" but it has also captured the true character of the airplane.

He also goes on to mention that they have the competitive aircraft as well so they know first hand how they stack up. In addition to the quote he mentions that it will be better than the Aerowinx version which from an accuracy standpoint is probably the best at the mement.

From a consumers stand point it's important to remember that PMDG's version is a licensed version of Boeing and that they work with their contacts at Boeing to replicate their aircraft to work as close as possible to what can be done with a desktop sim. Most addon aircraft manufacturers don't have official licensing with the aircraft manufactures to achieve those levels of accuracy. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Flight1 Mustang which is an officially licensed by Cessna.

If you go on to read some of the posts by Robert recently to see what they have modeled both systems wise and in the exterior as far as movements down to the oleos, you'll be impressed to see the depths they have gone to in v2.

If you want a study level airliner, then it's hard to go wrong with PMDG's offerings, but some may prefer the additional models and lower price that the iFly includes. For some casual simmers that aren't going to get into every point of accuracy and nuance system wise, then the iFly could be a suitable choice plus they offer a 30 day refund policy so you can try and get a refund if not satisfied.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Track record is they were behind iFly with the NG not having RNP RF legs options and WX radar. Or even designing a correct looking cockpit.

Yep. Great track record. And so much for working with Boeing to 'replicate their aircraft as close as possible'.

maybe  you should  read  the post above  yours  says  it  all

Peter kelberg

Hi,

The products produced by both developers are relative to the timeline each developer uses to base the aircraft on.

It is therefore not wise to compare two products with differing timelines.

Let's not compare one released product to one that's not released. The Ifly vs PMDG threads always go round and round which speaks volumes on the quality of these two fine developers.

• Upvote 1

I had it and returned it. Frame rates were terrible and vc night lighting textures were some of the worst I have seen. Glad Flight 1 had a return policy. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi

All I can say I asked for refund, reasons lots, as above comments frame rates awfull, , wing bending look like aircraft has shakes, no varation, just shakes up and down on runway, i like ifly stuff but this is not finished product to me by far.

Might be ok in another year

Mhazy

Ps dont start knocking me as this is my opinion, answer wait for pmdg

I did. Hence my reply. Shouldn't believe everything you read on the box...

I say you just make stuff up. 

Make stuff up? Who are you to say I am a liar on a public forum?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

frame rates awfull

I'm no Flight1/iFly advocate but performance (especially considering FPS) has been improved with SP1a. I'd say it's similar to the 777 now.