Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

B58 in P3Dv3

Thinking about buying the Baron B58 during the sale. I want to fly it in P3Dv3. Carenado does not make a P3Dv2 nor v3 version, so I assume I would install  the fsx version using the migration tool. Have done this on some other Carenado fsx models and everything seems to work except the cockpit switch sounds.

Anyone have any experience/advice on the B58 in P3Dv3?

Thanks

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I used the default installer selecting P3D as the version and browsed to the V3 location, it worked with no errors what so ever.

Gary Stewart

I have installed the Carenado BE58 without a problem by targeting
the installer to the P3dv3 directory. I flew the Baron in P3Dv1 and P3dv2.
In both these installs, the wing strobes were bright and stuttered.
In P3Dv3 they are quite dim and simply flash.  I looked through the effects
directory to find a replacement .fx file but had no success.  Any suggestions

on bringing the strobes back to P3dv2 levels?

Having purchased several Carenado aeroplanes (most of of which have gone back to the hangar), I am wondering -- is Carenado's B58 a significant improvement over the P3D default B58? I really like the Baron, and a few years ago bought Milviz's B55. It is in my opinion an excellent quality addon, but there are areas where I prefer the B58 to the B55. The instrument panel for example: well organized right in front of the pilot on the B58. So if I could purchase a B58 of Milviz or A2A quality, I  would definitely go for it instantly. 

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049