Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

No Progressive Taxi

Hi all--the progressive taxi was working fine in v3 up until a few days ago.  Now when I try to turn it on, I mash the button but it won't flip to "turn off progressive taxi" and show the yellow arrows.  There is no progressive taxi showing up in cockpit views or exterior views and the "turn on progressive taxi" prompt just stays "on" despite clicking on it.  I'm on W7, OPUS, FTX Global, GTN 750, REX Soft Clouds, TrackIR and the four A2A aircraft. The only change recently was to uninstall and reinstall TrackIR.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Are you running Sli? If so there is a problem with the progressive taxi and sli enabled. It's a nvidia driver problem.When I disabled sli progressive taxi worked.

Thanks, but not running sli.

Seems to have fixed itself. Strange.

Seems to have fixed itself. Strange.

Well, good.  But, what is "progressive taxi"?  I'm still on v2.5.  In real aviation "progressive taxi" is what one asks ATC for when one is unfamiliar with an airport.  Is this the same thing?

Well, good.  But, what is "progressive taxi"?  I'm still on v2.5.  In real aviation "progressive taxi" is what one asks ATC for when one is unfamiliar with an airport.  Is this the same thing?

You're exactly correct. When using the native atc in P3d, after you get taxi clearance you can select "turn on progressive taxi." You will then get a series of arrows to follow to the runway in use, and then ask for takeoff clearance. The progressive taxi also can be used when landing at an unfamiliar airport, to show you the way to your gate or parking spot. If you are familiar enough with the airport, or know how to follow atc taxi directions, then you don't have to use the progressive taxi.