Sign in to follow this  
LibsThePilot

P3Dv3: No Effects with 737 Immersion

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your 737 Immersion package. It looks amazing, and I say "looks" because mine currently does not work. I've got FSUIPC installed and the package seemed to install fine; I checked the aircraft.cfg file. Nonetheless, I see no effects, anywhere, under any conditions. Any solutions for this?
Thank you,

Alec Liberman

No problems with 737 immersion effects here ... certain you enabled them via VFXCentral?

Outstanding job Keven ... about to post a video with them working.

Cheers, Rob.

No problems with 737 immersion effects here ... certain you enabled them via VFXCentral?

Outstanding job Keven ... about to post a video with them working.

Cheers, Rob.

None better than you for promoting our products Rob!

Glad you like it, enjoy the product!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Alec, you definitely want to get it working ... Copenhagen with runway snow drifts (thanks FT) and then the engine wash and tire marks in the snow is something you see out of a movie not a flight simulator!  Jaw dropping good, love that eye candy :)

Cheers, Rob.

Alec, just curious ... do you have "Special Effects" (both) set to Max?  Maybe the FX only show up when on max?

Cheers, Rob.

Alec, did you click the "Apply" graphic/hot-spot on the right side panel after moving the all the slider options over?

here is a quick video of some of the features working in combination with FlyTampa's Copenhagen snow drifts (I'll do a more comprehensive video later):

Cheers, Rob.

I started another thread, but I just installed Immersion yesterday with P3D V3.0 and I get no contrails at all. I always had contrails with on the 737 without immersion. This is at 37,000 and temp -29C

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I started another thread, but I just installed Immersion yesterday with P3D V3.0 and I get no contrails at all. I always had contrails with on the 737 without immersion. This is at 37,000 and temp -29C

Do not post the same question twice...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480534-no-contrails-at-37000/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I might have a weird solution (onto something, at least). Is there supposed to be an entry in the P3D v3 dll.xml file of the fsfx_RealEffects_1.dll? If so, it's not there, and adding it might fix the problem.

Actually, hold on; I found something. I was playing around with a livery I made and found something interesting. It seems that the effects work in the clouds (1/8SM vis), overcast, one of the FSFX weather settings, after I used "Y" to slew up.

I went back to a random airport on the ground and all of the effects worked. I am yet to reload the sim but it works for now; will report back.

After restarting the sim, I am not able to recreate the effects.

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I might have a weird solution (onto something, at least). Is there supposed to be an entry in the P3D v3 dll.xml file of the fsfx_RealEffects_1.dll? If so, it's not there, and adding it might fix the problem.

Actually, hold on; I found something. I was playing around with a livery I made and found something interesting. It seems that the effects work in the clouds (1/8SM vis), overcast, one of the FSFX weather settings, after I used "Y" to slew up.

I went back to a random airport on the ground and all of the effects worked. I am yet to reload the sim but it works for now; will report back.

After restarting the sim, I am not able to recreate the effects.

DLLs are not in the dll.xml file but in the panel.cfg of the aircraft.

If you are using 3.0, you can may have to dial down the Effects slider to Medium, it's a known bug preventing effects from showing properly. they fixed it in 3.1

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know the exact weather conditions you had in your tests.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42