Sign in to follow this  
Ed_S_Pilot

Anybody delt with FSS for purchases?

Im asking because when i went there to purchase Orbx stuff at the Flight Sim Store, if you put in the currancy for U.S. dollar its ok, but when you go to check out it switches to AUS currency, Is that right?

Thanks

Ed

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Im asking because when i went there to purchase Orbx stuff at the Flight Sim Store, if you put in the currancy for U.S. dollar its ok, but when you go to check out it switches to AUS currency, Is that right?

Thanks

Ed

Hello, Ed,

That is correct. You will be charged AUS at check out, but, your card will show U.S. if that is what you select. I do look, however, at what the dollar equivalence is to the AUS currency so that I can confirm the AUS charge is correct at checkout.

With about 15 purchases through FSS, there hasn't been a single bad experience to date. All of my charges have been spot-on.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jim

Chicago area here and I've never had a discrepancy or problem ordering from them as far as different currencies go.

I've never been charged anything but $$$$ and I've ordered quite a few from them.

Order away !

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

A++ for them as well. 40+ purchases and they have all been fantastic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Ok, Cool, I just was not sure. When you select your purchase it says example, 46.98 us, but when you go to check out its now 64.95 AUD. So your saying i will get charged the 46 and not the 64?

Thanks,

just being careful here...

Ed

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

Ok, Cool, I just was not sure. When you select your purchase it says example, 46.98 us, but when you go to check out its now 64.95 AUD. So your saying i will get charged the 46 and not the 64?

Thanks,

just being careful here...

Ed

You are correct, Ed. You will be charged 46.98 U.S., not 64.95 U.S. It just shows as 64.95 AUD during checkout. You will be billed $46.98 U.S.

It is always better to be sure. But, if a mistake does occur, FSS would not hesitate, in my mind, to fix any issues. They are a great company to do business with.

Jim

You are correct, Ed. You will be charged 46.98 U.S., not 64.95 U.S. It just shows as 64.95 AUD during checkout. You will be billed $46.98 U.S.

It is always better to be sure. But, if a mistake does occur, FSS would not hesitate, in my mind, to fix any issues. They are a great company to do business with.

Jim

Thanks all,

pulling out the CC now!!!

Ed

Yep a great outfit to deal with.  If the Oz dollar is the same as the Canadian dollar I'd hope they billed me right away with the slide our buck is in could be a 0.60 dollar pretty soon.

Jim

I've never had an issue with FSS, it's one of the shops on my safe list.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Update,

Have to call my bank and tell them it's ok. Maybe a good thing. Bank declined purchase and i immediately got a fraud alert from my Communication devise. Guess there looking out for me over the Holiday's. I'm guessing because it's from a non U.S. site? At any rate, thanks for the input on FSS.

Ed

Ed

Update,

Have to call my bank and tell them it's ok. Maybe a good thing. Bank declined purchase and i immediately got a fraud alert from my Communication devise. Guess there looking out for me over the Holiday's. I'm guessing because it's from a non U.S. site? At any rate, thanks for the input on FSS.

Ed

All sorted out. As suspected, Bank though its was possible fraud from another country and declined my transaction, so i had to go in and tell them it was ok in person. Maybe a good thing. At least it seems they are looking out for me. Anyways, off to spend Christmas bonus! Downloading Orbx base as we speak....

Ed

Ed