Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

2 sticks of RAM or 4

Yes, but in your case, none of the JEDECs in CPU-Z is your actual rated speed. But I would just play it safe and select this:

Is this the kit yo have there? http://media.kingston.com/pdfs/HyperX_FURY_EN.pdf

OK, those same readings shown above, ie 9,9,9,28 are showing up in the memory tab of CPUz. They are the same that appear in the BIOS timing control. Are they pertinent or should I still change the values to what you suggest?   Yes, that's exactly the RAM I have.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

OK, those same readings shown above, ie 9,9,9,28 are showing up in the memory tab of CPUz. They are the same that appear in the BIOS timing control. Are they pertinent or should I still change the values to what you suggest?

The values in the "Memory" tab in CPU-Z are the ones in that BIOS page, the ones you probably need to change. Make it 11-11-10-30-2 instead of 11-11-10-29-2

The values in the "Memory" tab in CPU-Z are the ones in that BIOS page, the ones you probably need to change. Make it 11-11-10-30-2 instead of 11-11-10-29-2

I'm a little confused,  I'll follow your suggestion. May I ask what is the purpose of changing the values from the values that match CPUz?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I'm a little confused, where are the values that you are suggesting? I know where to change them in BIOS but are they not supposed to show in CPUz? 

The values you are supposed to use are the ones the RAM is rated to. Those timings vary with speed, so they need to be looser the fastest the RAM runs. JEDECs shown here are the manufacturer's speed/timing these sticks are rated to

slot2.jpg

Problem is none of those JEDECs  is for 800MHz, which is the speed you're currently running your RAM at, so we can't know based on that what the proper timings for 800MHz are. I picked the timings for a faster JEDEC (888MHz) to play it safe. Higher timings mean less stress to the memory controller so what we are doing here is "downclocking" the memory to release some stress from the CPU/IMC

The values you are supposed to use are the ones the RAM is rated to. Those timings vary with speed, so they need to be looser the fastest the RAM runs. JEDECs shown here are the manufacturer's speed/timing these sticks are rated to

slot2.jpg

Problem is none of those JEDECs  is for 800MHz, which is the speed you're currently running your RAM at, so we can't know based on that what the proper timings for 800MHz are. I picked the timings for a faster JEDEC (888MHz) to play it safe. Higher timings mean less stress to the memory controller so what we are doing here is "downclocking" the memory to release some stress from the CPU/IMC

Ahhh, I see. Well thanks very much for your help with this Dazz, it's very much appreciated. I'll wait to see if I get any further BSODs. If we don't chat soon, have a good Christmas, cheers.

Howard

If the BSOD continues we can look into adding some voltage or dropping the clock down from 4.6 to 4.5 just to verify stability. So dont worry there are more options to try and get rid of the blue screens.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+