Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

How to duplicate aircraft ?

Bonjour,

I have, for the 737-800NGX, all my cameras defined. I can find the same definition also in "All Aicraft" in the camera management, but there is nothing displayed for the 737-800NGX WL.
What does all aircraft mean exactly ?

So.. how can I duplicate the 800NGX to the 800NGX WL easily (the export button is disable).

Merci

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

When creating camera views you specify the aircraft types you want the cameras to be defined and used for. The selection 'All Aircraft' means those cameras will be applicable to all aircraft types. So for VC cockpit views for your 737 you really want to restrict those cameras to the group of all 737 type aircraft, so best select all your 737 types from the list assign those.

Stephen :-)

Merci Stephen for your answer.

In my camera management I have exactly the same views for the 737-800NGX and for "All Aircraft".
If I delete the views from the 737-800NGX, they also disappear from "All AIrcraft", so both are linked together, and I do not really understand how it works.
Now despite all the views are set in the "General Aircraft", that only work with the 737-800NGX.

Now if I try to assign a view to multiple A/C (737) the view is moved from one plane to another and not duplicate.

Claude 

Claude Troncy

Looks like you are referring to the 'List Cameras ...' Option in the Camera Management dialog (see manual). This would make perfect sense. If you select 'All Aircraft' in the 'List Cameras ...' field the list will show all cameras that have been configured irrespective of the aircraft they have been assigned to. All cameras views in other words. However, if you select a specific aircraft type in the 'List Cameras ...' field then the list will be restricted to cameras that are only applicable to that aircraft type. This will include all those specifically assigned to that aircraft along with any you have assigned to 'All Aircraft' types.

Thanks Stephen,

Yes you are right I was referring to the "list Cameras" option.

So if I want the same camera view for different aircrafts, it must be done during the view creation. No way to duplicate an existing one. we just have the possibility to move it.

Am I right ?

Claude

Claude Troncy

You can simply edit one of the camera views, then once in the Camera Editing dialog click on the Assign Aircraft Types to the Camera option. You will then be asked ...

Do you want to change the assigned aircraft Types for 'Multiple' camera views ?

Click on Yes or No as appropriate.

If Yes, the Select Camera Views dialog will be displayed allowing you to highlight all the camera views you wish to change. When ready click OK to display the Assign Aircraft Types To Camera dialog.

When the Assign Aircraft Types To Camera dialog is displayed simply highlight all the aircraft types you wish the camera(s) to be to assigned to.

Done, so click OK in the dialogs to save the changes.

See the Live Camera manual for further details.

Ok working now..

My error was that in the "Assign Aircraft Types To Camera", I only highlighted the new aircraft, and unfortunately that deselected the original one. I must have done a multiple selection.

Sorry and thanks again.

Claude

Claude Troncy