Sign in to follow this  
gfd

P3D v3 Very Slow To Load

Perhaps I can get some advice. V3 is taking upwards of 4 minutes to load. That was never the case in the past.

The changes I made recently are:installed latest nvidia driver 359.06, Orbx Friday Harbor and Squamish, latest orbx libraries, updated propellor textures for some FS9 AI aircraft using the Owl's Nest tool and substituted a scenery bgl in FlyTampa CYYZ to stop flickering issue.

I got the 'Cannot create child window' message for awhile. I believe that was after upgrading the prop textures. By no means am I dissing the Owl's Nest tool. I don't want to detract from the main story, but it may be applicable. This went away.

This what I did:

-reinstalled FSUIPC

-turned off Process Lasso

-deleted shader folder

-turned off all AI

-disabled all exe and dll entries

-disabled all scenery

-deleted Prepar3D.cfg

So I am essentially down to bare bones and it is still agonizingly slow to load. Am I into reinstall territory? Any help appreciated.

Hi Graham,

Do you use any traffic add on together with P3Dv3?

It could explain that the sim is loading very slowly.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi David,

Yeah I do. But I have disabled everything in an attempt to isolate the cause. No scenery, traffic, DLL files or addons are starting with the sim.

Is your AI disabled from the simobjects.cfg as well?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes that's generally the culprit ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...thanks guys. I'll give that a try.

UPDATE: That did it. Many thanks.

With pleasure Graham!

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi-

Having the same problem with very slow loading.  Where can I find the simobjects.cfg file?  Thanks.

-Ed

I found the file, but don't see any section in it that refers to AI.  What should I be looking for?  Thanks.

-Ed

I found the file, but don't see any section in it that refers to AI.  What should I be looking for?  Thanks.
-Ed

I could be wrong but i think the OP had MyTraffic 6 Installed at the time,  Which has an Entry in simobjects.cfg this Ad On will cause Prepar3D to take a lot longer to load.

Do you have any Traffic Ad On's,  this might explain your longer boot up times 

No traffic add ons at this point.  However, I think I found the problem.  I followed a suggestion from someone about raising the frame rate by setting Fiber_Frame_Fraction in the p3d.cfg file to .01.  It worked, but apparently causes extremely long load times.  I went back into the file and changed it to .2 and now the loading is much faster.

-Ed

No traffic add ons at this point.  However, I think I found the problem.  I followed a suggestion from someone about raising the frame rate by setting Fiber_Frame_Fraction in the p3d.cfg file to .01.  It worked, but apparently causes extremely long load times.  I went back into the file and changed it to .2 and now the loading is much faster.

-Ed

Curious where you read this, I use .01 and have never seen long load times compared to other settings... just better frame rates at the expense of the occasional texture loading when I pan fast in an external view. 

Thanks

EDIT:  I reread thread, you might be talking about texture loading in the sim while actually flying and getting blurries... original poster was talking about the initial load time when heavy AI or 3rd party scenery is installed.

No, I am talking about initial load time when the sim is starting up.  While flying I have no problems at all with good frame rates.  For whatever reason, when I changed the setting to .20 the sim loaded a lot faster.  And not much difference in frame rates.  Who knows??  Life, and flight simulators, are often a mystery.