Sign in to follow this  
cfso1518

P3D V3 crashes

Hello

Yesterday, I purchased and installed 737 Immersion,After installation enter P3D V3 appear crashes

Application: Prepar3D.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address FFB00156

I do not know what causes it, thank you for help!

I had this same exact error yesterday and spent most of the day trying to figure out how to fix it.  P3D was working perfectly before I decided to raise most of my scenery settings as I had just installed some new photoscenery.  About 5 minutes later a crash.  I thought it was a FlightBeam/FSDT issue as I had upgraded my FlightBeam KDEN and downloaded and installed the latest Addon Manager.  P3D worked for about 15 minutes after that then got the same crash.  Sometimes it crashes at the startup screen, sometimes while loading, sometimes while I'm programming the FMC in my aircraft.  No logical explanation.  I thought it was ASN so uninstalled ASN.  Still crashed.  Removed the scenery.cfg and let it rebuild and still got the crash.  After I lowered my P3D scenery settings, the problem went away.  Go figure!  I have been too busy to test it further but this appears to be the fix as I did everything possible to make it crash last night and no joy.  I would be interested if this fixed the problem for you too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had this same exact error yesterday and spent most of the day trying to figure out how to fix it.  P3D was working perfectly before I decided to raise most of my scenery settings as I had just installed some new photoscenery.  About 5 minutes later a crash.  I thought it was a FlightBeam/FSDT issue as I had upgraded my FlightBeam KDEN and downloaded and installed the latest Addon Manager.  P3D worked for about 15 minutes after that then got the same crash.  Sometimes it crashes at the startup screen, sometimes while loading, sometimes while I'm programming the FMC in my aircraft.  No logical explanation.  I thought it was ASN so uninstalled ASN.  Still crashed.  Removed the scenery.cfg and let it rebuild and still got the crash.  After I lowered my P3D scenery settings, the problem went away.  Go figure!  I have been too busy to test it further but this appears to be the fix as I did everything possible to make it crash last night and no joy.  I would be interested if this fixed the problem for you too.

Best regards,

Hi Jim,

Can you confirm that this crash has the exception address FFB00156?

Also, do you have 737 Immersion Installed? We have had a few reports of users having this issue and we are investigating the issue to make sure it's not on our end.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Jim,

Can you confirm that this crash has the exception address FFB00156?

Also, do you have 737 Immersion Installed? He have has a few reports of users having this issue and we are investigating the issue to make sure it's not on our end.

Regards,

Keven

Hi Keven,

I can confirm -

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          12/19/2015 8:47:02 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      My_Desktop

Description:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b4abe

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0xffb10156

Faulting process id: 0xa74

Faulting application start time: 0x01d13ac7e2bb3345

Faulting application path: K:\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 902c2b2b-a6bb-11e5-9310-74d02b2c1fc8

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-20T01:47:02.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>57899</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>My_Desktop</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>3.0.10.14945</Data>

<Data>560b4abe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>ffb10156</Data>

<Data>a74</Data>

<Data>01d13ac7e2bb3345</Data>

<Data>K:\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>902c2b2b-a6bb-11e5-9310-74d02b2c1fc8</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I do not have the 737 Immersion installed.  I thought I had fixed my problem by lowering the P3D settings but the same error cropped up again.  I remember installing the updated version of FlightBeam's KDEN HD before this crash started and that reinstalled their version of the dotnet and Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable.  Another member has this issue after installing KDEN HD yesterday.  However, I moved my dll.xml and scenery.cfg to a temporary folder and the scenery.cfg was rebuilt to the default.  I still got the crash (probably a bit faster for it to show up!!).  So it cannot be the Addon Manager used by FlightBeam and FSDT.

I then scanned my system for corrupted system files (sfc /scannow) and it found several corrupted files relating to dotnet and Microsoft Visual and fixed them.  I thought this fixed the problem but the same error showed up again but this time it took longer for it to show up. 

Finally, I ran the P3D Setup program and did a repair (a repair will not mess with your P3D or Scenery.cfg and, of course, the dll.xml will be left alone too.  I forgot I had GEP3D installed so I'll have to reinstall that product.  I ran P3D and so far no error. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Okay, just tried a flight again from KLAX to KSFO in my iFly747 and got the crash again so I'm back to square one in trying to find a solution.  Here's the latest error:

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address FFB10156

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

HI Keven,

I posted this over on LM's forum ...  

I noticed the fsfx_737_....fx filenames are VERY VERY long ... looks like a GUID or combination of GUID and something else is being used in the filename? Looking at the fsfx_T7 they are much smaller filenames ... is it possible the filename combined with the path is simply too long and hence triggering the .NET error?

Cheers, Rob.

UPDATE:

I uninstall 737 immersion and the exact same .NET error is generated.

Cheers, Rob.

The solution is to uninstall KDEN HD.  I lost my addon manager so will have to reinstall that but I'm in the air in my iFly747 out of LAX to SFO and I've never ever gotten this far without a crash.  My crashes with this error started after installing KDEN HD.  They install a version of Microsoft Visual and dotnet 4.0.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Best regards,

Hello

I also updated the FlightBeam / FSDT KD1.2 And I've had this problem before, but later updated the Addon Manager is installed just fine after weekend FlightBeam / FSDT KDEN1.2,737 Immersion KMIA V3.1 on the emergence of this issue, I weight loading Addon Manager to repair the installation will not P3D and .NET. I contacted them to tell me fsfxpackages solution
If you are using migration tool could you try to uninstall the 737 immersion (in VFXCentral) and then try to install only in the real simulator and not in all simulator (sometime false simulator will be shown from the use of migration tools).

The solution is to uninstall KDEN HD.  I lost my addon manager so will have to reinstall that but I'm in the air in my iFly747 out of LAX to SFO and I've never ever gotten this far without a crash.  My crashes with this error started after installing KDEN HD.  They install a version of Microsoft Visual and dotnet 4.0.

Best regards,

uninstall KDEN HD?

Uninstall KDEN HD.  You can reinstall the product afterwards but for now you should uninstall FlightBeam's KDEN as that is the culprit causing the following error:

The Addon Manager has nothing to do with Microsoft.net Framework v4.0.30319.  Microsoft.net's are used by developers to make sure their product runs properly as intended, including memory management (i.e., the uiautomationcore.dll). 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Uninstall KDEN HD.  You can reinstall the product afterwards but for now you should uninstall FlightBeam's KDEN as that is the culprit causing the following error:

The Addon Manager has nothing to do with Microsoft.net Framework v4.0.30319.  Microsoft.net's are used by developers to make sure their product runs properly as intended, including memory management (i.e., the uiautomationcore.dll). 

Best regards,

Hello

I FlightBeam KDEN HD 1.2 together with Addon Manager uninstall all do not know there is no problem?

Thanks again

FlightBeam issued a notice about the CTD Issue, they are working on it!

FSX Crashing - Addon Manager issue

Hi folks, we're aware of an issue caused by the Addon Manager/Couatl which causes a stack hash error and/or Crash to Desktop. We have not caused this error by any updates. The error is caused by an update made by FSDT to the Addon Manager and we're having FSDreamteam fix this issue ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

http://flightbeam.net/forums/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I can confirm the issue is specific to Virtuali and NOT the PMDG or precipitFX 737 immersion.  Temporary solution until Umberto provides an update:

DLL.XML

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

EXE.XML
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

NOTE: this will disable all airports under Virtuali and GSX ... temporary solution.

Cheers, Rob.

I can confirm the issue is specific to Virtuali and NOT the PMDG or precipitFX 737 immersion.  Temporary solution until Umberto provides an update:

FSFX Packages*

Very good finding!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I downloaded and installed the latest Addon Manager this afternoon and had no problems.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Per Jim's advice, I uninstalled KDEN and re-enabled bglmanx.dll and coualt.exe and no more CTD's.

I already had the latest Add-On manager, but re-installed that again just incase.  I've contacted Mir asking for his advice on whether or not I should re-install KDEN again.

Cheers, Rob.