Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

FS9 Kneeboard - Why Does It Hide and Not Close?

In full screen view, sometimes when I open in kneeboard and then close it, it doesn't really close. It just gets placed behind another window and remains open.When I press F10 or click on the kneeboard icon (if there is an icon), the kneeboard will not reappear.

The mouse cursor then turns black and remains black until I drop into windowed mode and close a hidden instance of the kneeboad. I was thinking its because I'm running an old version of Firefox as my default browser, but the same happens with Internet Explorer 8 (Both 32 and 64 bit versions).

I've been flying the default C172 and C182 mostly (as I rebuild the sim) and its happening all the time, and in both aircraft. I've gone ahead and archived the oleacc.dll which I did find in the FS9 main folder. I've also added a zorder parameter to the panel windows of both aircraft, but the kneeboard is still exhibiting the same behavior. The zorders read as follows...

ident=MAIN_PANEL
zorder=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
zorder=1
ident=GPS_PANEL
zorder=2
ident=ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL
zorder=3
ident=COMPASS_PANEL
zorder=4
ident=MINIPANEL
zorder=5

Any suggestions would be well received...so please advise and thanks!

Mark

No one has any ideas...is my kneeboard going to hide for ever then...

Mark

I have similar issues. The kneeboard does not pop up when I press F10... although F10 again makes the selection buttons show as they are clicked... panning also reveals where the "backgroundized" kneeboard went... if you try and drag it with the mouse it then shows properly... also pressing ALT to show  the main menu affects things. Try pressing ALT and see what happens!

signature.jpg