Sign in to follow this  
macwino

My problem with Marshall Arbitman’s Q400 videos

I recently discovered Marshall’s Q400 videos and have a serious problem with them. 

Marshall’s videos are so informative and entertaining—and come out so frequently—that I no longer have time to fly the plane. I think the only solution is to start doing some long flights so I can watch the videos during cruise.

I especially liked the Cuban cigar flight, and look forward to Marshall’s perhaps sharing his thoughts on wine (it’s a simulation after all) one of these days. 

Marshall, please keep these videos and commentary coming. I am really enjoying them and I hope they will soon garner the wider audience they doubtless deserve.

Thanks for all the effort.

Robert

• Upvote 1

Robert,

Wow. Thanks!

And sorry. I just like flying. And am between girlfriends. The second may change. I'm guessing the first won't.

Maybe if I start doing flight training in earnest, this Spring, I'll have less time to post sim-flights.OTOH, I'll probably turn into that guy--Hapless-Student-With-GoPro. We'll see how foolish I want to look.

Wine Simulator? Sounds good. Perhaps with the Classic Cocktail plug-in.

In the meantime, look for two very funny and somewhat informative shared-cockpit flights with the wonderful and knowledgeable Helipilot7.

Holiday best to all, and thanks again for the kind words,

Marshall

Marshall, I've already watched the first, and am now embarking on the second. Actually flying the plane will have to wait yet another day.

Thanks,

Robert

Please count me in among your followers as well. Enjoying every video you post. And make sure you make a stop at Innsbruck LOWI once you're crossing Europe on your Rtw trip!

Michael

Michael,

Thanks so much!

LOWI is on the agenda, whether as a leg or a separate excursion. I'm there.

Just posted the latest stop, BTW, KBOS to CYUL, with a heads-down, hand-flown ILS arrival. There are benefits to flying just one airplane until the rhythms of it really sink in. They show at the end of this one. And the new 125Hz controls in the latest version help as well.

Best on the holiday and in the coming year!

Marshall

https://youtu.be/iUNgw-_ggrY

Hi, I've been watching Marshall's video's since before he started his Round the World series of videos(he's up to stage 15 now) It was shortly after the release of the 'pro' version of the Dash. I have no hesitation in recommending Marshalls videos to an aspiring Dash pilot or even those who have clocked up some hours. I'd rather watch a Marshall video than read a manual although the do have their uses.

The Cuban cigar leg was a classic. I second all the positive comments here. I aspire to the level of comfort Marshall clearly has flying the mighty Dash.

Paul

Marshall, it would be great when you make an comment, wich scenerys you use for the world trip.

Alti,

Gladly. I'll mention 'em wherever I go. Lately it's Orbx FTX Global, plus Vector, plus Orbx regions or whatever airport for any non-Orbx regions I happen to be in.