Sign in to follow this  
Kungfoogrip

5 Monitors with FSX and Nvidia issues..Please Help

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my setup just like the one in this link.....  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TuZc32tqcjS1hfRlQyMVlPQVk/view?usp=sharing

I have 2 video cards... Nvidia GTX 770 running 3 monitors with Nvidia Surround  and a Nvidia GTX 750 running the other 2 monitors.

I do not know what I am doing wrong.  here are the steps that I am going through

• Launch FSX
  • Go to full screen using (Alt Enter)
  • Tap A key until Virtual Cockpit is visibile
  • Resize the cockpit to get the gauges smaller and drag it to the bottom monitor...will not let me go full size though
  • Resize the display showing the runway across all 3 top monitors
  • bottom left monitor will not let me run FSC on it..it is just black but I can see my mouse scroll across it
  • Screens will flash black and come back several times

this is essentially unusable for what I am wanting to do.  I was going to get a third party SimPanel application but I am not going to do that until I can get the results I am expecting with what I have.

What am I doing wrong..I am dumb founded.             https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TuZc32tqcjS1hfRlQyMVlPQVk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks guys

Kungfoogrip

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my setup just like the one in this link.....  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TuZc32tqcjS1hfRlQyMVlPQVk/view?usp=sharing

I have 2 video cards... Nvidia GTX 770 running 3 monitors with Nvidia Surround  and a Nvidia GTX 750 running the other 2 monitors.

I do not know what I am doing wrong.  here are the steps that I am going through

• Launch FSX
  • Go to full screen using (Alt Enter)
  • Tap A key until Virtual Cockpit is visibile
  • Resize the cockpit to get the gauges smaller and drag it to the bottom monitor...will not let me go full size though
  • Resize the display showing the runway across all 3 top monitors
  • bottom left monitor will not let me run FSC on it..it is just black but I can see my mouse scroll across it
  • Screens will flash black and come back several times

this is essentially unusable for what I am wanting to do.  I was going to get a third party SimPanel application but I am not going to do that until I can get the results I am expecting with what I have.

What am I doing wrong..I am dumb founded.             https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TuZc32tqcjS1hfRlQyMVlPQVk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks guys

Kungfoogrip

You will not be able to run FSC on your computer while FSX is in fullscreen mode.

FSC in that Google photo is sure to be running off another networked computer.

Your startup procedure sounds a little awkward.

Why do you have to tap A to get to the VC. VC should be the default view on startup.

Also FSX should start in fullscreen mode if you last shut it down in fullscreen.

Anyway I suggest forgetting about monitors 4 and 5 for the moment and just get the three surround monitors to open with the VC showing and in full screen mode by default.

Then hopefully you can open a new view for the instruments, undock it and move it to the 4th monitor and then expand it with the mouse.

Also check you have the correct resolution set for surround and the other two monitors.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the reply....

I got the idea of my startup procedure by watching this video   

at 11:13 you will see where my routine starts.   

• I dont understand how he has the 3 monitors all showing the runway without any of the instruments showing when it first launches.  That is the look I am striving for.
  • I have no problem getting the VC to show on the 3 monitors..its just not the look I am going for. 
  • When I try what the video shows on adding the instruments..there is a black border around the instruments.....dunno why  the resolution is the same on all of the monitors

I am OK with forgetting about monitor 4 and 5 for now...but I gotta ask should I look at networking a machine to run FSC or FSTRAMP and Panels on the 4 &5?

Thanks GB

KG

Thanks for the reply....

• I dont understand how he has the 3 monitors all showing the runway without any of the instruments showing when it first launches.  That is the look I am striving for.
  • I have no problem getting the VC to show on the 3 monitors..its just not the look I am going for. 
  • When I try what the video shows on adding the instruments..there is a black border around the instruments.....dunno why  the resolution is the same on all of the monitors

I am OK with forgetting about monitor 4 and 5 for now...but I gotta ask should I look at networking a machine to run FSC or FSTRAMP and Panels on the 4 &5?

Thanks GB

KG

No I don't see how he gets the VC cockpit to not show up on startup either.

Maybe he has modified the camera.cfg to get it to load as default.

Anyway once you eventually get it as you want it you can save the flight and that setup should be restored on reloading.

Just to confirm:

In your case, after starting from the setup screen, the VC view shows as expected.

Then you tap A until you see the view that shows in the video which is the "Cockpit View"

and consists of a view of the runway in the top half of the screen and a 2D panel of the instruments

at the bottom. ??

From here on there is no reason why what he shows shouldn't work. (I know, big help :) )

One thing I notice is that he does not undock the 2D panel before he moves it to the forth monitor.

I thought you had to undock first.

Maybe you could try the routine in windowed mode and see what happens.

Get the 2D panel onto the forth monitor in a window, maximize it and then Alt/Enter to  full screen everything.

As for FSC I think it is either via a network or run FSX in window mode always.

A lot of people seem to just use a laptop to network FSC.

I don't know anything about FSTRAMP. The website describes it as a plugin so it might work with FSX in full screen.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I was able to achieve the look I wanted on the top 3 using your advice.  Thank you very much.   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7TuZc32tqcjTGZxb2liVU8zUEk

I am not crazy about the bottom monitor with the instruments the way they look.     I think I am going to get some sort of panel software.  Unless you know a "trick" to get the look I am wanting..I don't like the top part of the view in the bottom monitor.  It has a lot of unused dead stuff that could use some serious improvement.  Thoughts?

Thanks a ton GB

Kungfoogrip

I was able to achieve the look I wanted on the top 3 using your advice.  Thank you very much.   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7TuZc32tqcjTGZxb2liVU8zUEk

I am not crazy about the bottom monitor with the instruments the way they look.     I think I am going to get some sort of panel software.  Unless you know a "trick" to get the look I am wanting..I don't like the top part of the view in the bottom monitor.  It has a lot of unused dead stuff that could use some serious improvement.  Thoughts?

Thanks a ton GB

Kungfoogrip

Yes I agree that the 2D panel can look pretty ugly especially like when he drags it up to fill the screen.

You could try a VC view for the instruments.

Close the 2D panel and go back up to the the menu bar on the surround monitors.

From the View menu-New View-Virtual Cockpit.

Undock that and move it down to the forth monitor.

You can then use the zoom and move eyepoint left/right/up/down keyboard keys to get it how you want.

Instruments might end up a bit smaller than you would like though.

Also not as good on frame rates as a 2D view.

gb.

Hi--I use six monitors, three over three, with two video cards for each three. I run in windowed mode.  I don't use NVidia surround, because for what I do, it doesn't work. I open p3dv3 in a window on any screen and then stretch it across however many screens I want (even all six).  I then open up whatever other views I want, resize them and then drag them to whichever screen I want.  Simple.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

bottom left monitor will not let me run FSC on it..it is just black but I can see my mouse scroll across it

Go into NVidia control panel.  look at the arrangement of your monitors,   and note the numbers, ie 1-4

If any monitor is to the left of monitor 1,  Change it.   move the monitor to the far right of 1.

Then try to move the required window in fsx to monitor 4.  Yes, it will seem strange, if your actual physical monitor is below and left.   You will have to move through your other monitors.

Reason;   some add on programs do not recognise negative values when it comes to resolutions in extended mode.

If you think about it, monitor 1.  starts with zero ( 0 )  top left, and ends with 1980, or if triple screens, 5800 or so.

any monitor to the right starts at the next pixel, ie.   1981.  and so on.

Any monitor to the left will have a negative value. ie. -1980

Some programs, not all, do not like this negative value and will either freeze or stay black.

All of this is in control panel and has nothing to do with actual position of your monitors.

hope this helps,

Ron.