Sign in to follow this  
brucek

KLGA/KJFK/KEWR and New York City scenery

I'm looking for XP scenery for the above (title). I've found Manhatten photo-scenery at the .org but it says that it was updated in 2009, so it's a bit dated. I assume this does not include the NYC airports. Can anyone comment? Also on frame-rates?

Then there's the 6 NYC airports in one scenery pack, then again there's a seperate XP scenery product just for KLGA. Can anyone comment on any experiences with either of these?

Ideally I would like KLGA and Manhatten, but I think the airports don't contain the Manhatten scenery and vice-versa.

Thanks for any info. Bruce.

I have a bunch on NYC scenery for X-plane. (payware and free ware)  IMO, Drzewieki Design is the best. 

They have two packages you would need to buy.

One for the airports, JFK, LGA, EWR, KTEB, KCDW &  KLDJ,  They are all under one product.

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_XP.htm

The other package is for Manhattan only.

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_XP.htm

You can buy it from simmarket or x-plane.org  (there maybe others)

Another option for manhattan is to convery ManhattanX for FSX using FS2XP, but there are many issues with this and not all building and bridges show up correctly.

Hope this helps, 

14_zpsx2wucial.jpg

13_zps0g7ixfrz.jpg

12_zpsvwriqnng.jpg

[/url]

10_zpswhemi9di.jpg

8_zpsjnrsqxr8.jpg

5_zpsq30zlfko.jpg

28_zpsjgevz2gh.jpg

2_zpsxat8u7lc.jpg

• Upvote 2

Awesome shots,  thanks so much Comanche, much appreciated.

Bruce.

... and it is currently on sale (50 % off) so I bought it and I am looking forward to getting it as a gift from my two kids for Christmas. I will burn a copy of each of the two products on one DVD so that they can put it under the tree...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

... and it is currently on sale (50 % off) so I bought it and I am looking forward to getting it as a gift from my two kids for Christmas. I will burn a copy of each of the two products on one DVD so that they ca put it under the tree...

Awesome, Merry Christmas!

Awesome, Merry Christmas!

Thanks, Bruce, I wish you too a very mery Christmas and many happy landings in 2016.

Till

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker

I did my first short flight this morning. I started in Linden and approached Manhattan and I must say it is spectacular from above 500 ft. Frame rates are also unbelievable: I have a i7/2600k at stock speed and a GTX780OC and have around 30 fps. Traffic certainly takes its tribute and if you turn the water sliders up then there will be additional impact. WOW!!!

If you fly in a helicopter though (like I did) you will find out that some buildings are not absolutely correct placed but are some 20 to 50 ft misplaced. Some buildings appear to hover some 10 ft in the air (which you will never see if you just fly by). A lot of buildings have photo facades and look very nice while a lot of the grey buildings in between the "nice color buildings" have only a very blury Grey texture and appear very "boxy" (like the buildings in Google maps) if you come very close to them. I think this is the compromise one has to make for the great performance. And - as I said - if you stay at or above 500ft it looks absolutely amazing.

Disclaimer: This was my very first flight and out of the box it looked very, very good. I have to find out though if there are any conflicts (e.g. regarding the elevation) or details, etc…

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the mini review. I have stil to get this (tried yesterday but the Store was having some issues with their credit card vendor).... Sounds like a winner for the sales price offered.

Bruce.

I have stil to get this (tried yesterday but the Store was having some issues with their credit card vendor).... Sounds like a winner for the sales price offered.

Bruce.

I bought it at the Simmarket.com. No issues with payment and fast download. And: Think global, act local :wink: (The shop is around the corner - so to speak).