Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Starting to get bored..

Hi all!

Well, it feels like im starting to get a little bit bored of P3D. Dont get me wrong, i love it and i love to fly.. but there isnt a real challenge to fly inside the sim. I want it to be more realistic. How can i experience regular turbulence in the 737NGX and feel like its bumping when landing or takeoff? Is it even possible? I do have ASN and ezdok installed aswell. Im just looking for more realism instead of the same thing every time, starting up the plane, flying (straight, with no bumps.. zzz) and land again.

Maybe there is some fun missions i can try? Does it exist a mission addon for P3D? The default ones are so so.

Hoping for some input on this, on how to make P3D fun again, and last but not least challenging.

Hi

Shed automation. I've reloaded in v3 the A2A B377 propliner with Accusim. In a 2 hour flight you just don't have time to be bored even if you don't micro-manage the engine (you have a flight engineer assisting you) Just navigating with a dual  RMI only, profiling your flight  to keep the  passengers and the company happy  keep you very busy...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There is always something new to learn. That's the key to overcoming your boredom. When I flew GA aircraft exclusively, things became quite boring after a while. I taught myself to fly the NGX and 777 and that completely gave the sim a new lease of life for me. Forget about turbulence. It's just an effect which is not going to keep your interest sustained. You need to challenge yourself. Purchase new airports in new locations, fly new routes. If you want realistic, use VATSIM and add proper procedures to your regime. The great thing about flightsimming is that you can make it as complex or as 'arcade like' as you want. If you don't want to learn new things, then try Euro Truck Simulator.

Actually, as the poster above has said, there is alot to be said for taking a break. Your interest will return. I have done that a number of times over the years myself.

The biggest increase in realism in my case was when I started flying online many years ago. Today I do all my flying online and it still feels great with every new flight actually feeling as a new flight thanks to Vatsim.

Richard Åsberg

If you want a challenge try this, and really test yourself and not on a 14,000ft runway. 

This aircraft is a real eye opener and a wonderfull aircraft to get to grips with. Make sure you have all setting to full realism and then you will not be board. Board....no you have a real hand full and landing on a sort runway is nothing like the norm. Nothing.  :wink:  :smile:

My T-38 is based at Corfu. 

It will be nothing like anything else you have. O btw watch your fuel....and don't go far. :wink:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/T38ADV/index.php

This aircraft is so easy and fast to start up and taxi. After that you will need to focus lol

Am having a break'ish from P3D v3 over the coming weeks with this 

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/  M 2000 C  :smile:

TA.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Why not try Accu-Feel v2 AL&S. Not officially supported by A2A...yet, but probably will fairly soon.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479433-accu-feel-v2-for-prepar3d-v3/

However, it will install into Prepar3D v3 without using the migration tool:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=50038

I don't fly heavy iron so can't comment how well it will perform with the 737NGX. Works well with most of the default a/c. Not sure about helicopters - may not be compatible.

Worth a try. If it doesn't satisfy your needs then just uninstall it and remove that entry from DLL.XML. Better still, reinstate the backup file created before you added those lines.

Mike

I often take breaks, sometimes up to a few months, from Flight Simming however I always end up coming back to it! I think the very nature of it, it's so open ended and there's so many different possibilities it never gets old! How many PC software products out there are as diverse and customisable as a Flight Sim? You can fly anywhere in the world, in anything from a WWII fighter to the latest Airbus to Concorde! I'm a long time PMDG NGX flier but I've just bought myself the A2A Spitfire and looking forward to teaching myself an entirely different skill!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hand flying departures and arrivals in the airliners.   Most real world pilots do this sans automation. 

Flying jets, carrier landings, WWII models (i.e. A2A aircraft)  I have the Spitfire and B-17 both are extremely fun to fly and if you get the Accusim you have to take care of the aircraft as well. 

GA aircraft.  Flying low and slow you really see the terrain especially if you have Orbx or UTX

Also you can focus on certain parts of the globe like the very little flown Africa, Central Asia, Japan has some ridiculous island runways.  Hawaii is fun to fly GA as well. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Fly departures and arrivals and sids and stars by hand, up to at least 5,000 AGL. Join a good VA and chose a different route every time, and use real weather in ASN. Never gets boring. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Folks,

Try DCS World ? Having ordnance onboard makes a real difference and a nice change of pace... The flight model might even feel more true to life than P3D... I've got a bunch of hours in the F-86 (gun fighter) and it's modeled on par with the best P3D has to offer... They have periodic good sales and I picked it up for a steal... I have enjoyed it immensely as it's a real hoot to fly...

Take a couple addons worth of bucks - go down to your local flight school and take an introductory flight - it gives you a whole new perspective...

:wink:

I like the Hawaii idea in P3D - I have all the Hawaiian airports from FSDT and GTX Freeware - great flying there... 

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Fly departures and arrivals and sids and stars by hand, up to at least 5,000 AGL. Join a good VA and chose a different route every time, and use real weather in ASN. Never gets boring. 

+1

I hand fly upto around FL 160-240. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Prepar3d has brought us a great Sim for sure but right now we are kind of seeing the downside of things. I don't think many of the developers really thought that P3d would ever catch on. Because of that they got behind the power curve and have lots of catching up to do. Many who now release products for P3D do so with a great deal of reluctance. There will be new and better companies come along if those folks continue to refuse to adapt and drag their feet day to day. Remember also that for what ever reason, in this hobby there are many folks who still dream of the "freeware" days and new models for $9.95. We are a funny group of people. Seems about a 50/50 split between the cutting edge crowd and those who fight to hold on to the past. It will get more exciting again and I suspect that will come in the very near future. I do feel your pain!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Try flying Majestic's wonderful q400, fully loaded, from Kathmandu to Paro, with the Paro addon.  Using ASN, Kathmandu is often fogged in and the approach to Paro is hairy regardless of the weather.  Never a dull moment :)