Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Starting to get bored..

I go through this at times also. I fly the NGX almost exclusively so that is part of the problem. One thing I have been using recently is FSI Panel. Instead of doing the usual 2+ hour flights I can load in any approach to any airport. I mainly start on a STAR around 10k'. I also will choose somewhere that is having interesting weather. This gets me back into the game in the rare instances I hit boredom.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Funny how different we all are.  I feel bored/guilty if I haven't at least looked at a flightsim once a day (well, for different reasons, however).  I have never flown the NGS and have never been bored since 2002, ha!  Just shows how varied and immense this hobby is.  As suggested above, you want realism, try Pilotedge or VATSIM.  That should get your blood pumping.

There was a thread (either here or at the other site), about the same issue of boredom from a simmer.  Last I checked it was 40+ pages of suggestions! :Hypnotized:  May want to seek that out for ideas.

Merry Xmas

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Get second screen, find something to watch on youtube while flying,

Simming is not as fun as my old BF3 which I don't play anymore, but atleast it does not leave me needing a smoke and a bottle of gin once its over,  cant say that for Bf3.

The more fun a game, the less relaxed you are  once its over, This sim has a calming effect once you can put a positive spin on its slower pace.  I just find something to watch on youtube while flying.

excitement comes at a price, boring games have mental advantages.

In Praise of boring games that leave you reasonably centred once its done. Still recovering from BF3 PTSD.

If you like the 744, get PSX...  You'll sweat landing it under adverse weather conditions...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

More realism in the PC sim?

- EZDOK and/or Accufeel for the Shaking effects

- "Multicrew Experience" (speech recognition) for reading Checklists, Co-pilot interactions, pax announcements etc.

- ASN and REX for more realistic weather

- IVAO or VATSIM for Live ATC

- Hardware (proper Yoke, Rudders, Throttles etc.) and good addon aircrafts

- "Lord of the Landing" if you want to analyse the quality of your landings (such as touchdown speed, centerline deviation, bank angle etc.)

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR