Sign in to follow this  
nudata

A2A Aircraft Upadted to P3DV3?

I have the Piper Cub and the C172 for FSX. When I attempted to install in P3Dv3.0 it did not work. The aircraft was downloaded and appeared intact but I could not start it due to low-battery. The maintenance hanger was disabled. Checking the A2a web pages it appears that I must spend an additional $50.00US to get a version compatible with P3D 2 or 3.

Given the effort to create the original aircraft I find it difficult to accept that an upgrade to P3D was so difficult as to warrant the same price as the original aircraft. I hope I am wrong and missed something.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Checking the A2a web pages it appears that I must spend an additional $50.00US to get a version compatible with P3D 2 or 3

Hi Dick,

Sadly, you are correct. However, in support of A2A's position, their aircraft packages are unique and certainly deserving of the asking price IMHO. I've no idea what has had to be done to make their a/c and associated Accu-Sim modules compatible with P3DV3, but they must feel that the effort involved justifies their pricing decisions. If the market begged to differ then I'm sure they would soon adopt a different approach.

I believe this is the current list of P3DV3 fully compatible aircraft:

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11&zenid=3853482feba7add951bba482db2af777

Regards,

Mike

This has been beat to death in many many many many many many, did I say many? posts, threads, forums and sites, that I can't see how you did NOT find it (well, I can, you just didn't search anywhere...).

It's not a matter of effort. It's a matter of licensing plus choice of devs. Bottom line yes you have to pay separate for a p3d version, or buy the fsx/p3d combo packs if available and save some $$.

On the upside, A2A has traditionally been very open to users migrating their non-native P3D planes over from FSX for use in P3D in an unsupported capacity.  So that should at least help you out with the Cub

Just to add to what the guys have said above, there are only separate P3D versions of the C172, C182, Cherokee and Comanche. All the other A2A planes are for FSX only. They can be installed into P3D and A2A apparently do not mind you doing so. You will have to do that manually though.

A2A's aircraft are easily worth the asking price though so I have no problem in paying for their support on a different platform.

Stuart Furley

This has been beat to death in many many many many many many, did I say many? posts, threads, forums and sites, that I can't see how you did NOT find it (well, I can, you just didn't search anywhere...).

It's not a matter of effort. It's a matter of licensing plus choice of devs. Bottom line yes you have to pay separate for a p3d version, or buy the fsx/p3d combo packs if available and save some $$.

....and your post was really really really really really really really really unhelpful;-)

....and your post was really really really really really really really really unhelpful;-)

How was it unhelpful? I told him bottom line YES that's the way it is... Is reading not your strong suit either? ;)

Another embittered remark. Why do people do this?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA