Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Win10 + MigrationTool + UTII = Done

FSX doesn't take up much space and is only used for the registry entries so that I can run AFX to edit certain airport files. A waste or not, storage space is something that we have crazy amounts of these days. It's all good.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

FSX doesn't take up much space and is only used for the registry entries so that I can run AFX to edit certain airport files. A waste or not, storage space is something that we have crazy amounts of these days. It's all good.

Got yah Dave thanks

Rich Sennett

I do only thing its good for is finding p3d path after that its useless - what I mean by that is the cfg entries are wrong which means you have to delete them and put them in correctly yourself what  pia anyway you will get an error message when you launch ut2 gui but ignore it if you have corrected your entries correctly it will work but you will get that error message if you launch ut2 gui

Now I have noticed a bit of stutter with it loaded but that maybe normal as ai has always been a pia

This is what I did and this is working in p3d 3.1

1.) C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

add this to SIMOBJECTS cfg file delete any line entered by migration tool and replace with this:

[Entry.10]
Active=True
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Title=Default UT2 Aircraft

2.) C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

add this to P3D.CFG file delete any line entered by migration tool and replace with this:

SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

3.) C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

add this to Your EXE.XML file delete any line entered by migration tool and replace with this:

<Launch.Addon>
         <Launch.Addon>
                <Disabled>False</Disabled>
                <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
                <Name>UT2</Name>
                <Path>C:\P3D\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
                <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
             </Launch.Addon>
             </SimBase.Document>

===================================

Now I have noticed Migration tool has now rearranged my simobjects file again but thats ok once it is running - any questions just ask

I have UT2 installed and running in p3d v3.1 fine... the installation was done using the migration tool.. but i have noticed something weird..

The below is the last entry in my SIMOBJECTS cfg similar to yours..

[Entry.10]

Active=True
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Title=Default UT2 Aircraft

but the entry which the migration tool is adding to p3d.cfg is this.. 

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Whereas it should be SimObjectPaths.10.

This discrepancy is happening because the SimObjects.cfg file is getting rearranged automatically and the UT2 block is coming at the third position in the file.... and the hence in the P3D.cfg file the numbering is coming as 2 (0,1,2..) as it is numbering in the order of how the blocks are arranged in SimObjects.cfg.

Now I have made a change in migrationtool.cfg file to not make any changes to P3D.cfg and have removed the SimObjects entries from the P3d.cfg file and UT2 still runs fine..

Dont quite understand, what is the need for all the Simobjects entries in P3d.cfg. 

The reason I mentioned this is once, I got a CTD because of fiddling with UT2 menu and i suspect this incorrect Simobjects numbering to be the cause and Migration tool to be blamed more than UT2 itself..