Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Help Needed!

Oh man, I think I messed something up big time.  I had FSX boxed installed, along with P3d v2 and v3.  I had P3d v3 working great, so I decided to "strip" FSX by uninstalling most of my scenery (LOT'S of Orbx and others), aircraft, etc., just to free up some badly needed disk space.  Now, P3d won't start at all.  I get the splash screen and then the window that says "Prepar3d exe has stopped working.  A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  So, I uninstalled P3d v3 and did a reinstall, but I still get the same error message and fail to run.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  I am running Windows 10, by the way.

Paul

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Oh man, I think I messed something up big time. I had FSX boxed installed, along with P3d v2 and v3. I had P3d v3 working great, so I decided to "strip" FSX by uninstalling most of my scenery (LOT'S of Orbx and others), aircraft, etc., just to free up some badly needed disk space. Now, P3d won't start at all. I get the splash screen and then the window that says "Prepar3d exe has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." So, I uninstalled P3d v3 and did a reinstall, but I still get the same error message and fail to run. Any ideas? Thanks! I am running Windows 10, by the way.

Paul

Hi Paul, when you removed Prepare3D did you delete the P3D files in documents, Program Data and I think the User account as well. You could all so try re sync your ORBX stuff in FTX Central 2.

bob

new 3.1 update is out so maybe....A new install would be better

Hi Bob,

I just deleted the P3D files in documents, but can you tell me where I can find Program Data?  I have my User Account set to the lowest security setting, so it never bothers me when I install programs, and I almost never have to run programs as an administrator, although I did try that with P3D and I still get the same error message.  I am downloading the brand new update released today so I will delete everything and start from scratch again.  thanks!

Paul

Hi Bob,

I just deleted the P3D files in documents, but can you tell me where I can find Program Data? I have my User Account set to the lowest security setting, so it never bothers me when I install programs, and I almost never have to run programs as an administrator, although I did try that with P3D and I still get the same error message. I am downloading the brand new update released today so I will delete everything and start from scratch again. thanks!

Paul

Yes it's normally on the c: drive same place as normal Program Files

bob

you still need to remove the p3d folder in your user account roaming and loc section.

Don't try this hobby at home without a great backup program.

And when you have backup program, do more backups than Rambo fires bullets.

Sometimes I just hit that backup key for no reason other than being nervous or after a good flight.

But to change anything, its no brainer, saved me too many times. Considering even Blue screen can corrupt files and I suffered that at least 4 times in recent years.

You need huge storage mine 6T external , and a good backup program that does incremental backup.

And don't  backup folders, DO entire drives, that way you miss nothing.

Revenge this with backup cannon :p0311:

And fire when you see the enemy, or when you remember the enemy fire also.

been waiting to remove p3d2.5, thanks for the headsup

Thanks, Bob. I found all those places and got rid of everything.  Now I'm off to reinstall the updated version...I'll let you know how it goes!  Thanks again for the help, brother!

Paul 

Hey paulbakeman

Do you happen to have any Fsdreamteam or Flightbeam stuff installed?  If so the addonmanager has been causing CTD.

Kevin Humphryes