Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

I have been doing this hobby since runways were just little green jaggy lines. I must say this crap is getting old even to me. Install this but that won't work. Make these changes and hope the devs fix things later.....no no just uninstall this and install just the client and hope for the rest to work later. The fixes are beginning to be worse than the original problem. I fear I may have backed the wrong horse in this race!! I think the imates may be running the nut house at LM. 

Almost every other piece of payware I have on my PC, and I have bought many items, when there is an update,  it comes with an installer. You click a button on the installer, and sit and watch the bar go across and when it is finished, you are good to go. Why is that so difficult with P3D? Why should I uninstall V3 where everything works, install V3.1 where for starters my ASN which I use on every flight is now broken? The beta testers that tested this update, don't have ASN on their computers? At least I have learned that the early downloaders of these updates will warn us more patient folks, of what to expect. 

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Adam Breed :

"The Client installer will be the only installer that most users would require. After following the instructions on the Downloads page, it should be a very quick and painless download and installation."

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Shhhhh....  shhhhhhh..  shhhhhhhhh....

Remember folks - nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to update to v3.1 at this very moment in time. If you're worried, nervous, or otherwise uncertain about what will happen or how to do it... just wait. Take a breath, and just...wait. It's been 5 hours since we heard of v3.1's release. 300 minutes. (317 minutes to be precise if I look at the initial post)

We're seeing the "usual suspects" needing updates - ASN, ObjectFlow, etc. etc. - it's also the first implementation of P3D's modular installation/updating feature, which for most of us is a new experience. And, it seems that there are more P3D users now under v3.0 than there was using v2, so many of you might be experiencing all of this for the first time!

By waiting, you accomplish a few things:

1.) You let other people do the testing and exploratory work for you.

2.) You let conflicting information settle down into a consensus that you can benefit from.

3.) You give the expected 3rd party developers some time to react and update.

4.) You get to read about other peoples earth shattering problems, happy it wasn't you dealing with it.

5.) You get to read about other peoples tips and successes, so you're better prepared to do it yourself.

6.) You still get to fly on your fully functional v3.0 while others wait, stress, and gripe.

7.) When the time is right for you, you get to move up to v3.1 and enjoy!

All good stuff.

• Upvote 6

OK..

I uninstalled the preapr3D  3.0 Client

Installed the PreparedD 3.1 client..but at the end it gave me a CTD like my P3D quit (even though it was not running..

I ran the client install again and this time Repair..but it still gave me the same error

So I started P3D V3.1 and it seems to start ok. I had to reactivate my registration on line.

I said No run to Object flow DLL

It said my F1 GPS would not run..OK...

It loaded my saved flight successfully.

Yes... The water moves...it moves. you will have to look real close though....But it does not look as good as FSX Water.. no white crest on waves... I am hoping REX can fix that..using this "moving" thingi fix. Where you see the sun shine on the water, because of this movement...its fairly good. But the area where there is no sun shine,  we still need the white crest of waves.. I am not going to settle for this. 

I spent no more than 15 min on this... But I spent almost 20 hrs debugging the FSDT Addonmanager crap yesterday ( still can't get over that.. I am so livid).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Adam Breed :

"The Client installer will be the only installer that most users would require. After following the instructions on the Downloads page, it should be a very quick and painless download and installation."

OK and if I were dumb enough to buy that, What does it do for me that I did not have in V3.nothing. What does it break? If all we need is the client then why does the release recommend a complete reinstall.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Why is that so difficult with P3D? Why should I uninstall V3 where everything works, install V3.1 where for starters my ASN which I use on every flight is now broken?  

It's because ASN, ORBX and a number of others hack into the code outside of the SDK. If others would hack into your beloved word processor upgrades would break there hacks as well (aside the fact MS or whoever might sue them).

I wouldn't blame LM here, even more as they defined installation guidelines which, unfortunately, nearly none of our beloved addon developers has been inclined to follow until today.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Here is my water in 3.1 P3D.. click on the image to see a 3  X 24" screen. You  can't see the movement..but its there.... but no white crest (Just rubbing it in)...

23868690826_d9633e9ab5_o.jpg

Manny

To those calm level headed guys out there preaching love and huggs....Thanks!! LOL!! It is not so much that this is the norm but that each release makes less sense. For what seems like months now we have had the same mess...either problems in the sim that need to be fixed for our planes to fly or problems with the planes waiting for the sim to be fixed. At this point it is hard to figure out which came first...the chicken or the egg.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Impressive, went with the NGX to FlyTampas Copenhagen bad weather from OpusFSI (ASN does not work with 3.1 atm) good performance too!!! Anyway i saw a ship riding the waves :) so that is working too. Installed REX softclouds i will see what happens ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Reading through the what's new list, there are very very minor changes to the content and scenery, so little it's really not worth fretting about to install it if you're on 3.0.  So ... don't install it.   3.1 should install over 3.1, and yes you may have to wait for vendors to get their dll's compliant. 

With ASN, in the past if  you just ignore the error popup and push it aside, it seemed to work. 

Here is my water in 3.1 P3D.. click on the image to see a 3  X 24" screen. You  can't see the movement..but its there.... but no white crest (Just rubbing it in)...

23868690826_d9633e9ab5_o.jpg

Before we get a "wavecrest gate" started, let's remember how water works. You will not see crests/whitecaps/etc on all bodies of water at the same time. Open ocean waves, or little waves such as in the Gulf of Mexico, do not crash and break in the open water. Unless the water is really churned up. So not seeing crashing waves in large bodies of water is actually correct.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

@Denali

I have C drive for win7 and D drive for P3D. I use Acronis 2015 (I don't recommend it someone mentioned macrion hoping to try that later)

But with Acronis backup all your drives, install p3dv3.1

If you don't like it,

1. Stick in your Acronis USB stick (also called recovery device)

2. Reboot into your Acronis boot device USB sick

3. Copy back your entire MAchine drives

4. Back to windows like p3dv3.1 never happened

That much Acronis can do well, as long as you don't involve network drives its fine.

So you can try it out and restore, just make sure to copy your entire C drive so you don't have to worry which p3d folders are where.

But with Orbyx advice to wait, and I only just made few flights in p3dv3 so far, I can wait. But with my favourite ASN not working in 3.1 yet, am waiting for sure.

Just don't try it with wndows  system restore, it does not restore your system 100%.

You don't care for ASN or objectflow, nothing stopping  you but cowardice

Here is my opinion..for what its worth

The only interest I had on this 3.1 update was the water animation. IF it were not for that I would not have risked the update. I am obsessed with the water..cause the only reason I gave up on all my FS9 addons and moved to FSX was the amazing animated water in FSX..Without the water.. I would have been perfectly fine with the flat earth FS9 and Vouchez's airports.

Now having seen the wate in this P3D V3.1 updater... unless we get the white crest back (IF REX can work their magic)  the animation is really not that visible hence it is not worth the update. 

So if you are fearful of this update and was hesitating... and the only thing you were waiting for was the water animation (like I was), you may hold off.... unless  YOU CANNOT RESIST! :P

Manny