Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Vic going to do a fresh install - is this ok

Load 3.0 then 3.1 main setup.exe - not the client options will I be ok - thank you

No, that's what screwed you up the first time ... Rich, there is a PDF you can download from your LM downloads page for your account (same place you get the V3.1 downloads), it tells you how to update from v3.0 to v3.1.  But you are now beyond that point as you've messed up your environment, so you'll need to Uninstall 3.0 (make sure you manually remove all 5 directories after the uninstall), download full 3.1 and then run the setup of 3.1 (not 3.0).

Cheers, Rob.

LM can expose what Orbx and others need, but in-house to LM only via an in-house module, and create a module that exposes those objects to the addon developers only, unplublished.    

Good grief no!  Do you know how many 3PDs there are, all wanting "special treatment" ;)  Yes, secrets can be discovered, that's how 3PDs found them in the first place ... but finding them takes knowledge, time, and lots and lots of trial and error.  And some of it is done entirely for performance reasons ... they may not even want a module that exposes anything.

Cheers, Rob.

No, that's what screwed you up the first time ... Rich, there is a PDF you can download from your LM downloads page for your account (same place you get the V3.1 downloads), it tells you how to update from v3.0 to v3.1.  But you are now beyond that point as you've messed up your environment, so you'll need to Uninstall 3.0 (make sure you manually remove all 5 directories after the uninstall), download full 3.1 and then run the setup of 3.1 (not 3.0).

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob did not notice a full 3.1 installer - check now

There is no full installer on my account only the zip update and sdk ?

Found it have to go into second portal - very confusing

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rob did not notice a full 3.1 installer - check now

There is no full installer on my account only the zip update and sdk ?

This is the Full install (9GB).

Although I preached patience to those who were worried or nervous about the update, I never said *I* would be waiting. Here's my experience.

Running:

P3Dv3, FSUIPC, FTX Global, FTX Vector, Ultimate Terrain 2 USA, PMDG 737, PMDG 777, REX 4 Texture Direct, ASN

Steps:

• Uninstalled the P3D v3.0 Client and v3.0 Content modules from Add/Remove Programs.
  • Installed the P3D v3.1 Client and v3.1 Content modules.
  • Launched the simulator - did not require any re-activation of P3D thus far. 
  • (Said no to the expected ObjectFlow warning)
  • Loaded PMDG 737 and took her for a spin around a circuit with no issues.
  • Loaded PMDG 777 and took her for a spin around a circuit with no issues.
  • Did not even attempt using ASN, as I know she's not ready yet.
  • Have not experienced any other issues so far.

Personal Conclusion:

The modular update method seems to have worked as designed this first time around. With the exception of the usual 3rd party tools needing to catch up, I'd chalk this up as a successful update. I feel confident that I am in essentially the same position as someone who performed a full, clean install.  If you require the 3rd party tools which still need to catch up, sit tight for a few more days. Even if you don't need them - there's nothing wrong with waiting a bit. BUT, if you're chomping at the bit to have the bleeding edge, the modular update method Lockheed introduced seems to have worked.... this coming from someone who will reinstall his entire operating system if Pete Dowson sneezes up a new FSUIPC version.

You mileage may vary, of course.

• Upvote 1

• Uninstalled the P3D v3.0 Client and v3.0 Content modules from Add/Remove Programs.

What about the scenery module?  Why have you left that out?

• Upvote 2

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

What about the scenery module?  Why have you left that out?

If you have 3rd party sceneries, you will lose them. 

• Upvote 1

Although I preached patience to those who were worried or nervous about the update, I never said *I* would be waiting. Here's my experience.

You do not mention it, but just want to confirm if you needed to reinstall ORBX's FTX Global and FSUIPC after updating to v3.1

Thanks,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

no problems on my system.  The only program it does not like is ASN and the orbx objetflow.dll.

PMDG 777&737, Q400 all seem fine.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

For those using UT2....does it still work in P3Dv3.1? 

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

So what route are most of you guys going with for P3D v3.1? Just updating or doing a full wipeout of 3.0 and then install a fresh new copy of 3.1?

I would really like to just update the client, but since I have so many add-ons installed, I'm afraid something might go wrong. The last thing I want to do is a clean install of P3D v3.1. It will take probably around a month or more for me to get my sim environment and settings back to how it was on 3.0 install. Sigh.

So from what I'm hearing is that the most noticeable and significant changes in 3.1 are the water effects? Any increase in performance as well?

If that's the only real noticeable change in 3.1, then I may just hold off altogether.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Uninstalled client 3.0 via control panel. Installed Client 3.1 msi. (Not content... do i need it?)

Conclusions -:

1) Water now looks like crap (used default both before and after). I now have these large concentric rings of lighter and darker areas. (The new wave animations are there.)

2) My GPU utilization with exactly the same settings (the new reflections thing is off) went from typically 67% max to 100% max (it's virtually pinned at fully blast all the time) which brings on the stuttering typical of a fully loaded GPU. I played with some settings and found I needed to lower my MSAA from 4 to a very disappointing 2 brought my GPU back in a usable (but still high, considering I was sitting on the ground, not in the clouds) 70% range.

Did I muck this up or are others seeing this?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Since some folks having issues . Please ladies do disk back up before trying this.

Not windows restore but using drive imaging tool .

Now we have first report of  someone's GPU under performing since update.

Took me months to sort out my GTX TitanX OC, don't wana do that trip again soon

Backup and throw caution to the wind. =@

@odourboy

The update does includide changes to how GPU engine works, I herad something about CUDA as the new rendering etc, am no expert.

So maybe folks will need to redo GPU settings to account for changes in 3D rendering

Maybe that might explain changes to your GPU load.

Will let the GPU experts chime in.

Anybody else seeing changes in GPU lload

Curiosity led to uninstall of 3.0 Client and followed up with install of 3.1 Client and required reactivation.

Zero difficulties with any product, as I am not using 3rd party sceneries.

Followed up with a complete sweep of 3.0 and a complete fresh install of 3.1 and am very pleased with all that I see thus far.... :wink:

Merry Christmas to all..:p0504:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

For those using UT2....does it still work in P3Dv3.1? 

yes 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter