Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

You do not mention it, but just want to confirm if you needed to reinstall ORBX's FTX Global and FSUIPC after updating to v3.1

No re-installation of anything other than the v3.1 Client and Content modules. No touching of any Orbx or FSUIPC items at all.

The client module for the v3.1 programmatic fixes, the content module for the balance of the water fixes.

I can confirm ASN working with the new update. Now we just need the boys at ORBX to show up at the party.

I tried FSDT sceneries, all seem fine and my PMDG NGX works as expected.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Anyone know if those controller issues have been fixed with this 3.1 update?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

How big is the client update from v3.0 to v3.1?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

For those who are still anxious to update: make a full image of your installation and test. Clonezilla (linux based) is an excellent tool for that - and free.

By the way:

Does the P3D uninstaller touch any 3rd party files within P3D folders (such as effects, gauges, simobjects)? I assume that it has a proper uninstaller and only removes originally installed P3D files, and leaves everything else as it is.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Good grief no!  Do you know how many 3PDs there are, all wanting "special treatment" ;)  

I want special treatment.  :)   I would be willing to bet there are only a handful of calls they're looking for.  This is why you make them unpublished.   This is one of those things where it's not LM's or 3PD's fault, because the rules weren't set down in a defunct FSX to begin with.  Lots of work went into bringing that ghost back to life, and LM is really who put it on the table again.  Now we have Frankensim.  Just saying, there is a clean way.  Cause in a way, some credit has to be given to the 3PD's that kept FSX going, maybe a way to do that is to give them a little bit moar, allow their DNA into the project.  

Up early this morning to grudgingly admit I probably should download MS latest windows 10 iso that will now take a windows 8 key to load clean (so I've read).  I'm literally losing sleep over this.

I had lots o time to fly around in v3.1. REX textures work however it seems to kill the water. Speaking of water and waves i tried a few amphibian aircraft i think we´re now facing another prob or at least me. Water take off and landings wont work when water is set to ultra. I tried the AS Twin Otter, the MilViz B407 and the Dodo all were bouncing in the water. We now have real waves but aircraft that dont know wave physics.

Maybe it was REX4 that killed it. I will try an content reinstall.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Update (about my windows 10 installation):  Once installed on a PC, it won't need the key.  Why didn't I pay attention when someone told me that before?  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2970075/windows/why-you-cant-find-your-product-key-after-upgrading-to-windows-10.html  Hopefully it works.

I know that's a digression, but I think that goes to what I'm trying to say about these installation problems.  There is a core issue, cause, that can be remedied, setting aside all the normal b2b constructs, to fix the problem once and for all.  Just go for the fix, we tend to make our own problems by making up rules for why we're not supposed to fix them.  And thus the games continue.

Which reminds me, good thing I'm up.  I forgot to take out the garbage last night.

I had lots o time to fly around in v3.1. REX textures work however it seems to kill the water. Speaking of water and waves i tried a few amphibian aircraft i think we´re now facing another prob or at least me. Water take off and landings wont work when water is set to ultra. I tried the AS Twin Otter, the MilViz B407 and the Dodo all were bouncing in the water. We now have real waves but aircraft that dont know wave physics.

Maybe it was REX4 that killed it. I will try an content reinstall.

As far as I remember, changing settings and/or adding textures related to the water needs the shaders to be deleted, otherwise you will see no change at all or strange static water. So, before installing everything from scratch, you might try to delete your shaders AFTER you selected the REX4 water textures and the setting "ultra" within P3D and see if this helps.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Client install is 123MB. If you want the new content it's 1.6GB

So if i just want to update from 3.0 to 3.1, I only need the client install and content? What's the content install for?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As far as I remember, changing settings and/or adding textures related to the water needs the shaders to be deleted, otherwise you will see no change at all or strange static water. So, before installing everything from scratch, you might try to delete your shaders AFTER you selected the REX4 water textures and the setting "ultra" within P3D and see if this helps.

Thank you. :) Did that already

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I have already disabled FSDT manager anyway

There wasn't any need to disable the FSDT Addon Manager. You only had to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to UPDATE IT to support 3.1, which was already available even before the official 3.1 came out.

Rob's comment about crashes with it, were likely because he still haven't updated it but, being a tester, had a version which already supported a 3.1 Beta (so it started without refusing to run), but it crashed on his own system, because the version he got didn't work with the final 3.1 release. We had several updates during the last weeks, so 3.1 testers could try GSX, FSDT sceneries, etc.

But this shouldn't affect any non-beta users.

As long as you reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (or any other FSDT installer, since they ALL downloads the updated Addon Manager files) now, the version which is online since yesterday, fully supports the final P3D 3.1 build.

• Upvote 1