Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

I class myself as an advanced user. I have advanced anxiety about the upgrade :blink:

You made my day, Chris...that was quite funny!

Can't help feeling it might have been better if LM had delayed this release until the New Year. On the one hand the decision to make the update available at this time would be seen as a nice gesture and perceived as a welcome Christmas present by their Academic and also a substantial chunk of their Professional client base. This alone suggests our importance in their eyes is far greater than many have conceded hitherto. I doubt whether the commercial sector cares one way or the other as the majority will just be dealing with base installations and will remain unaffected by any unwelcome issues.

However, by so doing, they are risking upsetting perhaps not insignificant numbers who have been less fortunate with their updating procedures. Do we (and, yes, I include myself here) need this just before the festive period begins? Like many others I have invested a great deal of time carefully moulding Prepar3D V3.0 into the beautiful and well-performing simulation it is today. Risking its destruction is something we cannot take on lightly. The creation of an image of the relevant drive is one solution, but then that too is not without some potential danger, albeit very small these days. I think we should all have been left with fully working sims at least until the New Year. Time enough to worry about such matters after the jollities have passed.

BTW, I have been reading the criticisms regarding the depiction of water under varying conditions in V3.0. This has not been my experience. Since the days of FS9 I have always been very critical of the appearance of water, but what I have been seeing in P3DV3 seems more than acceptable. Perhaps it has something to do with my chosen current community theme selection from REX4 Texure Direct, I'm not sure. While not perfect it does seem convincing to me. Perhaps having an i7-5960X in the equation has something to do with it, but I have not noticed any significant performance impact with water settings on ultra.

Mike

thank you very much HIFI for the quick update, now I Waite for

1. Flight 1 GTN

2. ORBYX Object Flow

cheers all for informative feedback. Am camping till F1  GTN ready

Can not get it to update to 3.1 says its installed but after checking version its still 3.0 any ideas guys - anyone who has installed it may want to check your version as I'll bet you dont have the new version installed

al lgood here

Just Installed the client only. Had to activate the product again but then, all addons broken. Oh god ....

Errors:

Objectflow not compatible CTD when loading any Orbx regions 

GTN 750 not compatible (message on startup)

ASN not compatible

Trying to reinstall 3.0 client. 

I will stick with v3 for a bit as I have have it running great. Might even wait for 3.2 if its a re-install for 3.1.

For me "if its not broken....." and the water is fine for my flying.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just Installed the client only. Had to activate the product again but then, all addons broken. Oh god ....

Errors:

ASN not compatible

so, what youre really trying to say is that Prepar3D 3.1 works great, although some addons didnt work straight away but that by reading probably just the first page of this very thread you could reasonably have worked that out prior to installing anything...?

Come on people, the sim installation is simple enough, give the 3PD who need to update their products a fair time to do it and then vent your frustration please on the devs who have failed and are still failing to install their products according to LM's recommendations. I cant stand all this 'i have to reinstall everything again the world is ending' BS, LM gave us the architecture to make this unnecessary, its some 3PDs who are failing us.... :)

Cheers K

• Upvote 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

As much as I would like water that looks like water, I'll also stick with 3.0 for now.  I have no real issues other than that

Errors:

ASN not compatible

ASN is now compatible, Objectflow can be disabled until ready and no need to use GTN750 until ready.

I completely uninstalled 3.0, left all of my sceneries and aircraft in place, backed up scenery.cfg etc and then installed / activated 3.1.

I only had to reinstall FTX Global and REX to re-write their textures back into the sim, rebuild shaders and cycle FTX Central.

Easiest P3D upgrade I have done.

Does anyone know if the controller issues have been fixed? Is there a calibration routine in the Controls menu?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone know if the controller issues have been fixed? Is there a calibration routine in the Controls menu?

I believe someone has pointed out that calibration is now possible yes

Has anyone tested the new dynamic reflections and whether it works with 3PD scenery (terminal glass)?

For some strange reason I seem to be the only one interested in this around here...  :lol:

Cheers

EDIT: Just saw Rob's post about this. Reading now...

Just a quick update. As i had trouble with the water after installing REX4 TD i got everything back. UNinstalled the content and then reinstalled it. So stay away from REX4 water for the time. The Soft Clouds work perfect.  ASN update works as intended. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Dazzle-

When you say you left sceneries and aircraft in place, do you mean the ones in the main P3D v3 folder? 

Currently have both Addon Scenery inside main folder and outside.  Outside will be fine but just curious about reinstalling ones that are in the main folder. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png