Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

I really just want my Aerosoft Mega Airports night lighting to work.

With Airport Design Editor (ADE) and some testing (disabling certain BGLs),I got most of them working, although only with default lighting. It takes time though.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Dazzle-

When you say you left sceneries and aircraft in place, do you mean the ones in the main P3D v3 folder? 

Currently have both Addon Scenery inside main folder and outside.  Outside will be fine but just curious about reinstalling ones that are in the main folder. 

Hi,

Yes, I left my ORBX, FlyTampa, FSDreamteam, Flightbeam and UK2000 scenery folders in the main P3D folder. As they are not part of the original P3D installation, they will not be deleted by uninstalling P3D. Same for my aircraft in the SImobjects folder.

Strangely, even though I backed up my scenery.cfg, p3d.cfg, exe.xml and dll.xml none of those were reset during the new installation.

I disabled objectflow in the dll.xml and also coutal in the exe.dll initially (this is now OK with a reinstall of the AddonManager from FSD).

I completely uninstalled v3.0, but did NOT manually delete anything. I then installed the complete v3.1 package.

All I had to do was reinstall any texture replacement addons and cycle FTX Central to re-sync all of their sceneries.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

I haven't read - just skimmed all the previous pages - is there a video showcasing the new stuff yet ??? Especially interested in the water with waves...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

To stick with the topic: apart from water, is there any obvious improvement v3.1 vs. V3.0? Such as.

smoothness, landing light not illuminating ground issue, etc?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I will stick with v3 for a bit as I have have it running great. Might even wait for 3.2 if its a re-install for 3.1.

For me "if its not broken....." and the water is fine for my flying.

Exactly my feeling. Yesterday, I flew two 2 hours flights in my new 737 NGX, and everything worked perfectly in V 3.0, smooth, nary a stutter, and good FPS. To gamble rocking this boat for a bit of a different look in the water, which I don't see anything wrong with anyway, is just not worth the potential hassle in my opinion. I carefully read the change log, and didn't see anything being fixed that even remotely resembled any  issue that I am experiencing with V3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 pages of a stressing out over... water?    I guess I can be thankful that I don't fly 50 feet over water in my 737 so I can skip this update.  :)       I see no other benefits of moving to 3.1.   Like others, my v3.0 is running great and everything works fine.   I think I'll hold till 3.2.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I see at least one of you have the mighty Dash8Pro working ok in 3.1, another post elsewhere hasn't been so lucky.  Any others experience the Dash working ok in 3.1 with the beta gauge?  This is my go/no-go parameter!

With Airport Design Editor (ADE) and some testing (disabling certain BGLs),I got most of them working, although only with default lighting. It takes time though.

Default runway lighting is fine as a substitute for custom lighting, but default taxiway lighting is a different story (particularly the green centreline lighting). In fact, I quite often remove the default taxiway centreline lighting from airports because it looks a bit rubbish. I never fly at night anyway, so dawn and dusk are the only concerns in that department.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This video was posted on Facebook this morning. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 pages of a stressing out over... water?    I guess I can be thankful that I don't fly 50 feet over water in my 737 so I can skip this update.  :)       I see no other benefits of moving to 3.1.   Like others, my v3.0 is running great and everything works fine.   I think I'll hold till 3.2.

+1

Michael Moe  :wink:

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

+1

Michael Moe  :wink:

+1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

One question to guys who use EZDOK, will it work fine or we have to back up sth before updating? Thank you for information. 

Uhm... Isn't it supposed to address visuals with waters at HIGH altitudes, not precisely 50ft...?

It's easy for someone who doesn't care about how the water looks (or doesn't have a problem with it in P3D v3.0) to criticise others, but it's a key issue for many existing users. I only fly around the UK, and (as you are probably aware) this is completely surrounded by water, so how it looks is important to me. However, I need to be reasonably certain that the improvements are significant, and also that updating the client software will not mess up my existing installation. I am also hoping that my controller issues will be solved at the same time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png