Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

I see at least one of you have the mighty Dash8Pro working ok in 3.1, another post elsewhere hasn't been so lucky.  Any others experience the Dash working ok in 3.1 with the beta gauge?  This is my go/no-go parameter!

I just ignore the warning message when loading the Dash8, that it is meant for 3.0. As far as I can see so far the Q400 is working fine.

Did a de-installation of the complete 3.0 and then installed 3.1. Without touching them all my birds (AS A320, PMDG 737NGX and the Q400) as well as my many sceneries (no ORBX) appear to be fine.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I just ignore the warning message when loading the Dash8, that it is meant for 3.0. As far as I can see so far the Q400 is working fine.

Did a de-installation of the complete 3.0 and then installed 3.1. Without touching them all my birds (AS A320, PMDG 737NGX and the Q400) as well as my many sceneries (no ORBX) appear to be fine.

Same here, including all V3 compatible ORBX sceneries. I just disabled Objectflow.dll for now.

Good news, thanks for the info.  I'll be upping to 3.1 now that ASN has been patched.  A shame the GTN will be out of commission for a bit, the price of progress i suppose. 

13 pages of a stressing out over... water?    I guess I can be thankful that I don't fly 50 feet over water in my 737 so I can skip this update.  :)       I see no other benefits of moving to 3.1.   Like others, my v3.0 is running great and everything works fine.   I think I'll hold till 3.2.

If many people are discussing about water, that might be an indication that water IS a popular feature.

HOWEVER, there are many other fixes and, from our humble point of view as scenery developers, this is the most important one, which we reported to LM in November, so they were very fast fixing it:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6309&t=115610

This caused ALL sceneries, aircraft and vehicles that used bump maps to look wrong under P3D, at least starting from version 2.

• Upvote 2

It's easy for someone who doesn't care about how the water looks (or doesn't have a problem with it in P3D v3.0) to criticise others, but it's a key issue for many existing users. .

I am fully with Christopher here. Frozen water has been a real annoyance for me in 3.0.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

So, basicly I only need to uninstall 3.0 client and then install 3.1 cliemt? I guess all of my sceneries should work after that...

Someone remind me how to save all of my controller settings?

If I uninstall the 3.0 client, and then install the 3.1 client.....will UT2 still work?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If I uninstall the 3.0 client, and then install the 3.1 client.....will UT2 still work?

Let's roll those big lottery balls!  :smile: 

If you go ahead with this and it works, then I might give it a shot too.  Because that's my concern...

• Upvote 1

yes

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

cavcpt, if setting your controls through P3D you need to go to the Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d folder and backup your current Controls folder. Then paste that in to the same place in the new install and you should be good to go.

If setting your controls through FSUIPC or LINDA then you'll need to backup your modules folder within the main P3D folder.

Hope that helps!

Stuart Furley

One question to guys who use EZDOK, will it work fine or we have to back up sth before updating? Thank you for information. 

No input on this yet?

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I only had to reinstall FTX Global and REX to re-write their textures back into the sim, rebuild shaders and cycle FTX Central.

No need to uninstall REX - I never have all it does is inject textures you can leave it - just make sure your simulator folder is still correct and you are good to go - but folder direction should be correct from before as you have done nothing to REX - only uninstall your simulator

Rich Sennett

ASN is working, tested last night with PMDG 737 ... radar showing weather also ... all good on that front.

Cheers, Rob.

No need to uninstall REX - I never have all it does is inject textures you can leave it - just make sure your simulator folder is still correct and you are good to go - but folder direction should be correct from before as you have done nothing to REX - only uninstall your simulator

Hi Rich,

be careful with REX water it might break P3Ds water. Happened to me had to reinstall the content.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg