Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

So the client update from 3.0 to 3.1 does not affect any files that may have been modified when I crowbarred UT2 into P3D v3?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

ASN is working, tested last night with PMDG 737 ... radar showing weather also ... all good on that front.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

Where do I download the latest patch for ASN..their website is not helpful..

Link if possible

Thanks

EDITED TO ADD: I found the information on their forum..SP4 description does not mention anything about 3.1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Can anyone confirm if the PMDG landing light issue (no landing lights visible at night if flight started during the day) has been fixed?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi Rich,

be careful with REX water it might break P3Ds water. Happened to me had to reinstall the content.

Thanks Mick - I did install textures but not animation - looks great to me why what problem did you have

Can anyone confirm if the PMDG landing light issue (no landing lights visible at night if flight started during the day) has been fixed?

I dont think so as on the ground without night start I have no lights on runway not sure about landing but I would assume thats still a problem

Rich Sennett

Not fixed

Carsten U

Thanks Mick - I did install textures but not animation - looks great to me why what problem did you have

Besides cloud textures i also installed water animation and textures. REX is somewhat generating a ne WaterConstants.xml which seems to break the 3D wave animation. Aftzer the 3.1 content update you´ll find a new WaterConstantsV3,xml. As you can see it is marked with V3. Deleting the REX WaterConstants.xml and clearing the shader cache didnt work for me so i un- and then reinstalled the content again.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Any news on SLI, is it any better with using the new version Cuda files?

Nick Sciortino

yup...made the mistake already.. :) let me go find the right one

I did once lol

Rich Sennett

Why don't you all go back to stationary FSX if you don't like this?

Well, I've waded through reading everything up to your post without commenting on anything, but I will now.

FSX is old news.  P3D was advertised to be new and improved.  It's a carrot-on-a-stick thing - LM holds the stick and promises us the carrot will be tasty, and we trust them.  So far, the carrot has just been a little better - nothing earth-shattering.  I'm still on 2.5 after 3.0 broke a lot of my stuff and didn't work with my hardware.  Now we have v3.1 on the carrot stick, and it seems to break more stuff, with still no earth-shattering improvements.  How attractive is it to me to move to 3.1 and then be faced with one hack after another, just to get it to work?  Ans: Not at all, and the old carrot trick is getting pretty stale for this simmer.

OK guys - I did it: just installed the new client and updated ASN, FSUIPC and Addon Manager. So far everything seems to work - also other addons (EZDOK; Multi Crew Experience; IVAP; PMDG, AS Airbuses).

One thing though: I now get an error message concerning the MSVCR120.dll when I close P3d V3.1. Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

OK guys - I did it: just installed the new client and updated ASN, FSUIPC and Addon Manager. So far everything seems to work - also other addons (EZDOK; Multi Crew Experience; IVAP; PMDG, AS Airbuses).

One thing though: I now get an error message concerning the MSVCR120.dll when I close P3d V3.1. Any ideas?

Huge thread on that dll issue. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Yes, but there appears to be no solution. It is strange that it happens now with 3.1 and not before with 3.0

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Any news on SLI, is it any better with using the new version Cuda files?

No issues with performance degradation when Water = Ultra with SLI enabled.  Overall FPS seems unchanged with SLI but you might see some benefits when using Dynamic Reflections in a scene that has dynamic reflections.

I did once lol

And it was all LM's fault and they better fix it! haha

Cheers, Rob.