Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

C. I have a ton of scenery and aircraft installed (over a hundred) so what might be the

No issues if you update the client. Scenery and aircrafts are not touched.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

3.1  very good indeed.  I will be doing a full reinstall.  Gawd i love a good clean install.  Out with the old in with the new.      

• Upvote 1

3.1  very good indeed.  I will be doing a full reinstall.  Gawd i love a good clean install.  Out with the old in with the new.      

Ooooo, bold move Elaine.   :smile:   I love a clean install .... but the time it takes to resettle all the software as I like it... :help:

If I just install the client what will I be missing without installing the scenery and content? Or on the other hand, what will I lose or delete if I do install the scenery and content?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just did a clean install and it looks much better IMO than v3.. ASN, FSUIPC, FSDT, and also Orbx Objectflow have all been updated for v3.1..

From ORBX forums just now.... New DLL is available for 3.1, simply launch P3D and you should see the ObjectFlow update message. If not, you can use ObjectFlowUpdate located in the Orbx\Scripts folder.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

Just did a clean install and it looks much better IMO than v3

What do you mean by that? I can't imagine that the 3.1 update includes any dramatic graphics improvements when compared to 3.0.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The OrbX ObjectFlow.dll has been upgraded to v3.1 compatibility.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Does anyone of you guys now already if only the client update is needed for improved water or also the content update? The scenery update I will not load, as anyway every relevant scenery is covered by an addon in my case.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

When I loaded client only, the water changed... :wink:

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Does anyone of you guys now already if only the client update is needed for improved water or also the content update? The scenery update I will not load, as anyway every relevant scenery is covered by an addon in my case.

The changelog says that the content upgrade relates onty to two aircraft . The water is changed by the client.msi.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

hi all

followed instructions and upgraded to 3.1

client and content only

every thing seems to be ok apart from majestic dash8 q400 pro

no gauges working at all

cant see anything on they website

pmdg seems ok

asn seems ok

orbx seems ok

can anybody out there help please

jeff storey

jeff storey

Just installed the Client update, took 5 minutes.... simply uninstalled the 3.0 client and then installed the 3.1 client...

Only played a few minutes, no issues to report, running great, but main take away:  OH MAN those waves are fantastic when you kick up the wind!!!  Tried 35kts and my jaw dropped.  Very impressive.

Did ORBX ever get all custom airport addons working in 2.5? I remember waiting and waiting for many of the PNW airports to get updated but they never came for 2.5. I have been out the circle for quite sometime and flying a little with XP10.  I really want to try 3.1 but ORBX has to be in the picture. 

Thanks

Bob

My Mantra--get all parts of the fight sim working, fly a whole bunch, enjoy learning actual flight. Change totally to the new sim only when the existing sim crashes and is totally unusuable, which in my case inevitably occurs ;)

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Rob, what exact files or folders would I have to back up before updating if I wanted to revert back to 3?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png