Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

That was quick work from the ORBX folks - well done!

Does anyone of you guys now already if only the client update is needed for improved water or also the content update? The scenery update I will not load, as anyway every relevant scenery is covered by an addon in my case.

To get the complete wave action change, content must also be installed. I installed both client and content and the whole process took a few minutes with no issues other than ASN, Objectflow, etc which have already been corrected.

Rob, what exact files or folders would I have to back up before updating if I wanted to revert back to 3?

Paul - you would need to reinstall v3 or you will have a mess. Or you could backup the entire V3 folders, including the Appdata Programdata folders. Then all you'd need is to manually adjust the registry entries.

Not a recommended procedure.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

To get the complete wave action change, content must also be installed. I installed both client and content and the whole process took a few minutes with no issues other than ASN, Objectflow, etc which have already been corrected.

I just installed the client and the new wave animation is there. Do I miss something?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Which content file am I supposed to uninstall and install? my content.msi file is 12gb.

Regards Rod.

Which content file am I supposed to uninstall and install? my content.msi file is 12gb.

Regards Rod.

Uninstall the prepar3d content file that's listed in your add/remove programs. Then run the content.msi file located in your download from LM. 12 gb is WAY to big - the ENTIRE 3.1 installation is 9.5GB.

The content.msi file is about 2.93mb and the content.cab file is about 1.6gb

I just installed the client and the new wave animation is there. Do I miss something?

You miss the ship/boat wakes which are in the content install.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok, you talk about the waves triggered by boats? Because the boats react to the waves already now. Will install content.msi as well then, hopefully this does not brake any of my addons

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Can someone confirm if REX4 TD wave animation and 3.1 wave animation are compatible?  I am somewhat confused reading post#226 about having to delete the waterconstants.xml file that REX generates.  Is this really necessary? 

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Vgbaron my Prepar3D content file in add and remove programs is now 6gb (it was 12gb), I downloaded the content file from my P3d account uninstalled the one from add and remove programs which said it was 12gb but by that time it was already uninstalling, I keep getting and error message whilst trying to install the new content.msi file and ended up reinstalling my original from my V3.0 download, thank god it's all back to normal, I've installed the new V3.1 client .msi file and I do have the updated water, ships and boats do rock with wave motion as AnkH suggests, I'm seem a bit lost with this content file it seems.

Regards Rod.

Is it me or is 3.1 using about 500-600MB more memory than the previous version?

I just took off with the old PMDG747 from VRMM (used to have around 1.5GB free) and now i have 996MB after the update to 3.1 and i didn't change a single setting (yet).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Evening all

Does anyone have EZDOK working on 3.1 yet, if so what version are you using?

Thanks

Adam

Evening all

Does anyone have EZDOK working on 3.1 yet, if so what version are you using?

Thanks

yep EZdok is working ok, the latest P3d version,  1.18.7  edit... with TrackIR as well

bob

• Upvote 1

Hi Adam,   Wondering the same thing myself, had to run the conf. exe.setup after the new orbx object flow  update, seems to have altered the exe.xml file.

Ron

What do you mean by that? I can't imagine that the 3.1 update includes any dramatic graphics improvements when compared to 3.0.

Christopher!

Our water problem has been fixed!   I uninstalled the 3.0 Professional Client and installed the new one.  My water issues are fixed.  I have a sparkly sea with wave movement.  Nothing else seemingly broken.

Success.

Uninstalled the Client 3.0 version and installed the 3.1 version without one plea! :) The new water is magnificent and everything as above works, including Track IR! .

As I do not want to mess around and lose what I already have, will ignore the rest of the modules.

Wish I had those new ships though, just for the fun of it! Any way to access them without endangering the rest of the installation?

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Wish I had those new ships though, just for the fun of it! Any way to access them without endangering the rest of the installation?

Well, I performed the Client and Content uninstall/reinstall update method and did no damage whatsoever to my installed addons, including:

FTX Global, FTX Vector, UltTerr 2 USA, Various Addon Airports, FSGenesis Mesh, PMDG 737, PMDG 777, CaptSim C-130, various freeware aircraft

Backups are always advisable when taking on such tasks, but I would wager that all will be OK*.

(*insert standard disclaimer here about having good backups and me not being responsible for things should they go bad, etc. etc.)

-Greg