Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Can somebody enlighten me as to why my p3dv3 content file in add /remove programs is 6gb in size? I've updated the client no problems.

Regards Rod

Can somebody enlighten me as to why my p3dv3 content file in add /remove programs is 6gb in size? I've updated the client no problems.

Regards Rod

I don't understand your problem Rod. When you install the content it expands the .cab files so you could easily have 6gb or more in the ADD/REMOVE area. The INSTALLER (content.msi) is about 293mb and there is also a compressed .cab file. Did you ALSO download the .cab file? that's where the data for the msi file is located.

The proper procedure is to uninstall the client ( you can also uninstall the content at the same time) - you then have to install the client FIRST or the content install will fail. After you have the CLIENT installed, then run install_content.msi ( with the included .cab file). You should be good to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

GTX 970  and now 100% gpu load over water . Any body else seeing this same settings as 3.0 . Any thoughts. FPS is tolerable and smooth  but not tried a heavy yet . 3 gig Vas in a carrendo a36 over shoreham egka  starting to worry . Just going to update latest NVidia driver and see if any change.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

What's this about reduced VAS? It's no good fixing the water if I am going to start getting OOMs again. I need some reassurance from the experts!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Early days yet have not tested any heavys yet and may be a bad install on my part

Heavy at aerosoft heathrow PDMG 737  good frame rate and vas as good as before  on high slider settings . GPU load 50% .Now to test over water but will have to wait for another day.

Aerosoft egll heathrow good vas and 50% GPU load fps good for airport with a pdmg 73 . Now to try over water . Will have to wait for another day . I am worried about my initial tests 100% over water GPU load on a 970 is very worrying cant afford another upgrade at the moment.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

It seems that landing on water with an amphibian aircraft is no longer possible. The aircraft is shaken like crazy on water. Sad...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi cannow,  I have a 4790k allied to a 980ti, If I let the sim run at unlimited fps then my GPU usage is 99%. Peg it back to locked 30 and my GPU usage drops to 45%. Give it a try. 

Rob Ainscough already posted a vid several days ago showing off the new water ;)

Yeah...@140KPM... How about a nice fire in some helicopter? Or the trike... Yeah that's the ticket!

Seasons cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have a 4790k allied to a 980ti, 

Good stuff David,  I see your coming up in the world.  I also see you got rid of them crazy looking 3/4 length shorts,  these are not good   :smile:  :Devil:

Just install main setup.exe and try it no need to uninstall without trying it first - I didnt uninstall anything just installed the setup.exe - make sure you direct the path to your old install or that would be a problem - worked great for me

That's NOT the way LM recommends the update to v3.1. You should only deal with up to three (two optional) .msi files: Client, Content and Scenery, these last two are optional. I recommend to read over the instructions provided by LM at their website.

Cheers,

edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That's NOT the way LM recommends the update to v3.1. You should only deal with up to three (two optional) .msi files: Client, Content and Scenery, these last two are optional. I recommend to read over the instructions provided by LM at their website.

Cheers,

edward

I'm all set - fresh install is always best - should have done that from the start - I dont believe in band aid installs

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

What do you mean by that? I can't imagine that the 3.1 update includes any dramatic graphics improvements when compared to 3.0.

The Water... The Reflections... The Sun...  its in the changelog.

tpewpb-6.png

Well then!

I implemented both the client and the content and am a happy, contented Windows 10 P3D v. 3.1er. Everything works including Track IR and all my add-ons (at least all the ones I have tried so far).

Have decent performance with all the scenery sliders to the right, not including dynamic shine and HDR. Don't have the new boats, so that must have come with the scenery component only. Pretty much a painless transition.

Kindest regards. 

Spirit Flyer

PS: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It seems that landing on water with an amphibian aircraft is no longer possible. The aircraft is shaken like crazy on water. Sad...

I have no issues at all taking off or landing the Quest Kodiak at Sitka. Perhaps it's your a/c model?

FWIW I have my water set to ultra and most settings at or near max.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Did ORBX ever get all custom airport addons working in 2.5? I remember waiting and waiting for many of the PNW airports to get updated but they never came for 2.5. I have been out the circle for quite sometime and flying a little with XP10.  I really want to try 3.1 but ORBX has to be in the picture. 

Thanks

Bob

We are still waiting Bob, some installers are now 3 years behind in regards to P3d but i`m sure we will see them one day.

tpewpb-6.png