Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Just installed the Client update, took 5 minutes.... simply uninstalled the 3.0 client and then installed the 3.1 client...

Only played a few minutes, no issues to report, running great, but main take away:  OH MAN those waves are fantastic when you kick up the wind!!!  Tried 35kts and my jaw dropped.  Very impressive.

I haven't 3.0->3.1, yet....but can you imagine flying over the sea with ASN REALTIME, during the next hurricane?

...MmmmuuuuuuuuHAaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

...BravoSierraEchoGulf

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I installed the 3.1 Client only and like what I see.  Water improved for sure. On reading this helpful thread will no doubt do the same with Content. Thanks.

So far only one things appears broken: Flight1 GTN 750. Anyone else got this problem? 

Cheers,

Gareth

Very nice, now I also installed the content and all(!) my autogen is gone, both trees and buildings. Thank you for this wonderful idea to also replace the content, now I can download FTX Global and everything that has something to do with autogen again.

EDIT: my bad, switching regions in FTX Central brings all the autogen back. I do not understand why, but at least...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Very nice, now I also installed the content and all(!) my autogen is gone, both trees and buildings. Thank you for this wonderful idea to also replace the content, now I can download FTX Global and everything that has something to do with autogen again. Next time I do not listen to such "tips"...

As with everything you read here, you use your own judgement and accept the risk of the unknown.  I've decided not to install content as it'll add no value for me.  It's unfair to lash out at people who are sharing their experiences in good faith.

• Upvote 2

Hi gents,

May someone kindly confirm issue below being solved with 3.1 update? Thanks.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113850

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Although I preached patience to those who were worried or nervous about the update, I never said *I* would be waiting. Here's my experience.

Now that's what I call a helpful post!

Thank you!

Regards,

Mike :)

F1 GTN750 is not work at v3.1.

How can i do? 

Just reinstall GTN 750?

I installed the 3.1 Client only and like what I see.  Water improved for sure. On reading this helpful thread will no doubt do the same with Content. Thanks.

So far only one things appears broken: Flight1 GTN 750. Anyone else got this problem? 

Cheers,

Gareth

Same issue here. I can't use GTN750.

F1 GTN750 is not work at v3.1.

How can i do? 

Just reinstall GTN 750?

Same issue here. I can't use GTN750.

We are waiting for Flight1 Tech to update their installer ( and configuration program ) for the latest update of P3D, They are pretty quick at keeping up to date, 2 or 3 days.

bob

We are waiting for Flight1 Tech to update their installer ( and configuration program ) for the latest update of P3D, They are pretty quick at keeping up to date, 2 or 3 days.

bob

Yes. I will wait update.

But Christmas hollyday... That's too bad news.... lol

Is the UIAutomationCore.dll fix still required for ver 3.1 to avoid CTDs due to repetitive menu access?

Then I checked through the Prepar3D.cfg tweaks I've been using in P3Dv2.5. Anyone knows if any of these are still required/recommended?

[Main]
AlwaysFullLoad=1
DisablePreload=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I know someone said no tweaks at all are needed in P3Dv3.x but since I know these things are often dependent on what hardware you're using I thought I would still ask. This is what my rig looks like:

6700K @ 4.6 GHz
1x980 Ti @ 1300 MHz
16GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz
48" 4K screen
Win 10 Pro x64
P3Dv3.1

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard :-)

No, you don't need to mess with it anymore.

Merry Christmas :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I have zero tweaks Richard.  I know A LOT of tweaks, but I've only ever used them for testing ... I always return to NO TWEAKS as that works best ... given your hardware, that should work best for you also (in V3.1).

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds great, thanks to both of you and Merry Christmas :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Is the UIAutomationCore.dll fix still required for ver 3.1 to avoid CTDs due to repetitive menu access?

This was never required in Prepar3D.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

OK, I took the plunge and updated the client software from 3.0 to 3.1. P3D appears to be running fine, but I am not sure that the water is all that much more convincing. Do I need to remove the REX texture set that I was using, return to default, and then select a REX texture set again? I backed up the default textures first, so that will not be an issue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png