Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

This was never required in Prepar3D.

OK, I thought I read somewhere in the past that it indeed still was required but might have gotten that wrong then.

Good to know for the new 3.1 install, thanks!

Richard Åsberg

I haven't 3.0->3.1, yet....but can you imagine flying over the sea with ASN REALTIME, during the next hurricane?

...MmmmuuuuuuuuHAaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

...BravoSierraEchoGulf

Chas

DID that with 3.0 and almost hit a wave on a low approach. Scared the xxxx out of me. Should be even better with 3.1.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

OK, I took the plunge and updated the client software from 3.0 to 3.1. P3D appears to be running fine, but I am not sure that the water is all that much more convincing. Do I need to remove the REX texture set that I was using, return to default, and then select a REX texture set again? I backed up the default textures first, so that will not be an issue.

Well considering this thread on their forum it appears a patch may be needed to fix the water textures issue and possibly others (see this other thread here) so right now I would not use REX at all.

By the way, a preliminary flight test seems to indicate that the controller issue has been resolved on my PC. I appear to have equal control authority left and right now (rather than the previous left bias).

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bought P3D for the first time on Dec 11.  I have it working perfectly with PMDG 737/777, ASN, FSDT, FlightBeam, and FlyTampa.  I think I'll wait for a more significant update, since it took me a few days to install the add-ons.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

By the way, a preliminary flight test seems to indicate that the controller issue has been resolved on my PC. I appear to have equal control authority left and right now (rather than the previous left bias).

Hows your default 3.1 water Chris? K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I haven't deactivated the REX water textures yet, Kevin. I will need to do that, and report back :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Quote from Vic "Flight1 has released an update for the GTN750 - available through the F1 GTN Update tool."

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Quote from Vic "Flight1 has released an update for the GTN750 - available through the F1 GTN Update tool."

And it took 5 seconds to do... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The water does have more animation now, but I still think that it needs more subtle reflections and "white caps" at altitudes of more than a few hundred feet in those areas that are not directly illuminated by sunlight. That might sound picky, but the human eye is much better at detecting subtle variations in light and movement in the real world than can be represented on a computer screen (at the same scale), so the simulated version needs to enhance those effects in order to make them seem more natural. What I can say is that I see very nice wave undulations and motion at sea level in P3D v3.1.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The water does have more animation now, but I still think that it needs more subtle reflections and "white caps" at altitudes of more than a few hundred feet in those areas that are not directly illuminated by sunlight. That might sound picky, but the human eye is much better at detecting subtle variations in light and movement in the real world than can be represented on a computer screen (at the same scale), so the simulated version needs to enhance those effects in order to make them seem more natural. What I can say is that I see very nice wave undulations and motion at sea level in P3D v3.1.

I concur..not sure what REX is doing on this... They have been very silent lately.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

They are apparently working on an SP4 update for REX Essential Plus (which is what I use), but I do not know if this takes advantage of the upgrades included in P3D v3.1.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So far only one things appears broken: Flight1 GTN 750. Anyone else got this problem? 

Everyone has "this problem!" Flight1 will have to update their tool to patch their GTN products for v3.1...

This will happen every time FSX:SE or P3D has an update.

EDIT: and now the update is available! :dance:

Bought P3D for the first time on Dec 11.  I have it working perfectly with PMDG 737/777, ASN, FSDT, FlightBeam, and FlyTampa.  I think I'll wait for a more significant update, since it took me a few days to install the add-ons.

That's pretty pointless Luis, since installing the update will not affect most add-ons at all, or at most require a small fix file from the developer.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This was never required in Prepar3D.

You're right, but PMDG still recommends to add the module to your P3D main directory (and these guys know what they are saying !!!).

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You're right, but PMDG still recommends to add the module to your P3D main directory (and these guys know what they are saying !!!).

Cheers,

Edward

Are you sure they know what They talking about lol kidding

Rich Sennett