Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

So...the conclusion then is it's still a good idea to drop the fixed dll in the main P3D folder...?

Guess I'll start without it and if I experience any issues that seem related to this file I'll simply add the fixed file to the mix.

Richard Åsberg

Just launched P3Dv3.1 for the first time and first of all I like the new look of the menus etc. A very vague difference but still noticeable.

Another small thing I noticed browsing quickly about the settings is how you can now choose to not display the messages about brakes, stall, overspeed etc directly from the UI instead of manually editing the cfg file, very nice!

Then I think maybe they also fixed the rain to look a bit more realistic even without PrecipitFX or was it just me dreaming? Could be considering what the local time is but hey...it's Christmas eve :wink: The snow OTH still looked so-so but will do more testing once I've installed ASN.

Other than that I have a good feeling about this version and I'm looking forward to start testing it more in depth the next couple of days and after populating it with my addons.

Hope you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones tonight!

Richard Åsberg

Hi, Merry Christmas too for all forum members!!!

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

No, you really don't loose any content or settings, just install the update and enjoy! ;-)

Kudos to the dev team BTW!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

+ 1

Hi David, your signature bug is annoyingly mesmerising (but good fun!)  But it just dawned on me that it is describing the symbol for Infinity. How apposite given its relentless searching, and ours, for flightsim nirvana. We so often arrive back where we started, always looking for something more ... 

"Dyslexic philosophers of the world untie ..."  

You're right, but PMDG still recommends to add the module to your P3D main directory (and these guys know what they are saying !!!).

Cheers,

Edward

Sorry. Even if PMDG recommends this, this is utter non-sense. The crashes from menu access have long been fixed in Prepar3d. Just from the looks of the menus you can already tell that LM has implemented a new menu system in Prepar3d. But feel free to do whatever you like. I'm not the person who does things just because some "guru" has told me to do so.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The water does have more animation now, but I still think that it needs more subtle reflections and "white caps" at altitudes of more than a few hundred feet in those areas that are not directly illuminated by sunlight. That might sound picky, but the human eye is much better at detecting subtle variations in light and movement in the real world than can be represented on a computer screen (at the same scale), so the simulated version needs to enhance those effects in order to make them seem more natural. What I can say is that I see very nice wave undulations and motion at sea level in P3D v3.1.

Ok, Chris now has much better water animation :) Can the LM de same move on to another feature now please? :P

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

That's excellent Garreth! :-)

Sorry to disappoint you but my bug has simply lost its GPS.

:wink:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Have a question to all PMDG NGX drivers, since i updated to 3.1 i lost the clickspots in the NGX. I cant access the FMS nor can i operate any autopilot switches. Anybody out there having the same probs?

Made a seved scenario with the standard Beech A36 there after i load the NGX.

Thank you and merry xmas :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Have a question to all PMDG NGX drivers, since i updated to 3.1 i lost the clickspots in the NGX. I cant access the FMS nor can i operate any autopilot switches. Anybody out there having the same probs?

Made a seved scenario with the standard Beech A36 there after i load the NGX.

Thank you and merry xmas :)

Hi Michael,

no problems here. Everything working fine after update to 3.1. Obviously, I couldn't check all clickspots but I have no problems operating the FMS or MCP.

Merry xmas!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Ok, Chris now has much better water animation :)

I said it was better, but it is by no means perfect :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry. Even if PMDG recommends this, this is utter non-sense. The crashes from menu access have long been fixed in Prepar3d. Just from the looks of the menus you can already tell that LM has implemented a new menu system in Prepar3d. But feel free to do whatever you like. I'm not the person who does things just because some "guru" has told me to do so.

Obviously yo can also do whatever you like.

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Speaking of the NGX I just installed it but when first loading the aircraft I wasn't asked for the product activation key like you normally are the first time you load the NGX and also the panel doesn't look right.

Any ideas?

Richard Åsberg