Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Speaking of the NGX I just installed it but when first loading the aircraft I wasn't asked for the product activation key like you normally are the first time you load the NGX and also the panel doesn't look right.

Any ideas?

install simconnect. V3 doesnt install it automatically anymore

I lost FPS with this update, scenery has more lags, so I backing to the V3.0...

Yeah me too. I did a complete reformat and installation and my performance doesnt feel the same. I had much better performance before the update using the same settings

Thanks, I'll try that.

And what about the location of the dll.xml and exe.xml files, it seemed to have changed from version 2.5?

Richard Åsberg

Have a question to all PMDG NGX drivers, since i updated to 3.1 i lost the clickspots in the NGX. I cant access the FMS nor can i operate any autopilot switches. Anybody out there having the same probs?

Made a seved scenario with the standard Beech A36 there after i load the NGX.

Thank you and merry xmas :)

Load the NGX first. Do not load it after already loading another plane. It's not the same as FSX.

• Upvote 1

Sean Green

Thanks, I'll try that.

And what about the location of the dll.xml and exe.xml files, it seemed to have changed from version 2.5?

Yes. exe.xml and dll.xml are now located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3. However, if you also have an exe.xml and a dll.xml in the old location (C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3 then Prepar3d will merge the two instances of the files and load the add-ons from both files. However, I already had some problems with this merge process and I now try to keep just one copy in the new location. Works perfectly.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Just tried installing the SimConnect found under the P3Dv3.1\Redist folder but still no go...my NGX doesn't ask me for a product activation key and the panel doesn't look right.

Maybe I'll just uninstall both the NGX and P3D and start all over again now that I know I need to start by installing SimConnect. Guess launching the NGX without SimConnect in place screwed something up.

Richard Åsberg

I would suggest to only uninstall the PMDG NGX and reinstall again under P3Dv3.1. I'm not a 100% sure, but I think the PMDG installer also installs the proper simconnect module.

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ok, I'll try that but I can confirm SimConnect isn't installed as part of the NGX installation because I had no SimConnect installed after first installing P3Dv3.1 and then the NGX.

Richard Åsberg

I would suggest to only uninstall the PMDG NGX and reinstall again under P3Dv3.1. I'm not a 100% sure, but I think the PMDG installer also installs the proper simconnect module.

Cheers,

Edward

1+

If it was not uninstalled from add remove programs in windows this problem can happen 

Rich Sennett

Just tried installing the SimConnect found under the P3Dv3.1\Redist folder but still no go...my NGX doesn't ask me for a product activation key and the panel doesn't look right.

Maybe I'll just uninstall both the NGX and P3D and start all over again now that I know I need to start by installing SimConnect. Guess launching the NGX without SimConnect in place screwed something up.

Did you have the NGX installed in Prepar3d v2.5 on the same machine? In this case, it doesn't ask you for another activation when installing it into Prepar3d v3.1. Even when uninstalling it from Prepar3D v2.5 it keeps the registry key and you don't need to activate it again. At least this is how it worked on my machine. Just to let you know that the missing activation might not be your problem. Are you sure you installed the right version of Simconnect? There are multiple.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Many thanks for all the input and help guys, I now have it working!

Not really sure what was the culprit because what I did this second time was the very same things I did the first time only that this time I never tried to load the NGX prior to having the SimConnect versions in place.

So maybe that indeed was what made the difference but still strange because when reading the NGX readme file it clearly says that if you launch the NGX and it doesn't look or behave OK you should be able to install SimConnect and you should then be fine.

Actually came to think of one more thing different on this second run. This time I never installed the SimConnect version located in ...\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\ESPv1. No idea if that could have anything to do with it.

Oh well, does it work now...yes :smile: Should I touch it now that it's working...no :wink:

Did you have the NGX installed in Prepar3d v2.5 on the same machine? In this case, it doesn't ask you for another activation when installing it into Prepar3d v3.1. Even when uninstalling it from Prepar3D v2.5 it keeps the registry key and you don't need to activate it again. At least this is how it worked on my machine. Just to let you know that the missing activation might not be your problem. Are you sure you installed the right version of Simconnect? There are multiple.

Sorry, forgot to comment on this one.

Yes, I did have the NGX installed in 2.5 on the same machine but before installing 3.1 and the NGX I not only uninstalled both P3Dv2.5 and the NGX but also manually got rid of any left-overs from my previous installation both on a file and registry level. I'm the kind of guy who likes to start fresh I guess :wink:

So that I was now asked to enter the activation key to me that's a confirmation I did a good cleaning job :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Many thanks for all the input and help guys, I now have it working!

Good to hear you got it working. Happy flying!

Everyone has "this problem!" Flight1 will have to update their tool to patch their GTN products for v3.1...

This will happen every time FSX:SE or P3D has an update.

EDIT: and now the update is available! :dance:

That's pretty pointless Luis, since installing the update will not affect most add-ons at all, or at most require a small fix file from the developer.

You're correct.  I uninstalled 3.0 and installed 3.1.  All my settings and add-ons are intact.  I'm glad the changes are so seamless.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Before the v3.1 release I was constantly plagued with "Error Creating Child Window".

I was hoping the update would fix this but it has not.

Anyone else having the same problem?

If so, is there a fix?

Before the v3.1 release I was constantly plagued with "Error Creating Child Window".

I was hoping the update would fix this but it has not.

Anyone else having the same problem?

If so, is there a fix?

Cant remember the exact file but the fix was rather easy.

Search for Child window in this forum. I had that error and it was a strange filename changing a "underscore " in the c users /application/local folder

As i recall. Look for my post earlier

I think it was  related to Prepar3D_default.FXML file . Look at it . I think it was something with the underscore or something missing

It should be Prepar3D_Default.FXML

Alternative it could be related to EMT and the NGX ? Follow the guide here

http://board.flightsim.ee/discussion/527/answered-pmdg-ngx-737-p3d-v3-version-strange-behaviour-with-migration-tool-installed/p1

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png