Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D 3.1.2.15831 released

Thanks, Micheal.

Checked and found that my Prepar3D_Default.FXMLt file is exactly as you said it should be (including the underscore).

I read through the link you posted in your reply but, unless I am missing something, I don't see any reference to the child window creation error.

I also searched this forum and came across one of your posts containing a link to a LM forum post about the problem.  I had been following that thread on the LM forum when I was attempting to fix the child window error with v3. That thread contained a "work around" which said to disable controllers in P3D and use FSUIPC (registered version) to calibrate the controllers. This is the way I calibrate my controllers anyway but it had no bearing on my child window error.

BTW - Not using EMT and have not yet installed my PMDG products

This problem is making P3D unusable for me so if you or anyone else can help further it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Micheal.

Checked and found that my Prepar3D_Default.FXMLt file is exactly as you said it should be (including the underscore).

I read through the link you posted in your reply but, unless I am missing something, I don't see any reference to the child window creation error.

I also searched this forum and came across one of your posts containing a link to a LM forum post about the problem.  I had been following that thread on the LM forum when I was attempting to fix the child window error with v3. That thread contained a "work around" which said to disable controllers in P3D and use FSUIPC (registered version) to calibrate the controllers. This is the way I calibrate my controllers anyway but it had no bearing on my child window error

BTW - Not using EMT and have not yet installed my PMDG products

This problem is making P3D unusable for me so if you or anyone else can help further it would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm okay. Can you try two things? Whats the situation fxml file in the P3D.cfg? Cant remember if it was here the underscore was missing. I have saved a default flight myself which loads to the start menu.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you can post all the details of your hardware/motherboard/devices, OS, any Event Viewer errors and/or ContentErrors log (P3D generated) and all the details of exactly what happens before and after the error.  The more detailed info you provide the more likely folks can help.  A real name would be nice also.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, guys.
First of all a quick intro;
My name is Lloyd Noel.
I've been an avid simmer since way back to the Sub-Logic flight sim days.
Over the years I've been active fixing other folks problems on flightsim.com hardware forum.
Now I'm the one looking for help and it looks like I've come to the right place.

As for gear, I build my own rigs.
Currently running an Intel 6700K at 4.7GHz on an ASUS Maximus Hero VIII mobo with 16GB RAM and a GTX970 video card.

OS is 64-bit Win7 Pro on a 480GB SSD. P3D is on its own 240GB SSD.
I'm using CH Products Pro Pedals, Yoke and Throttle Quad plus Saitek Multi, Radio and Switch panels.

To the problem at hand...

Micheal - The situation line in my P3D.cfg file points to this file:
B58 at KHQM.fxml (my saved default flight).

Rob - Thanks for chiming in. System details above and tomorrow when the last of my Christmas guests depart I will get back with Event Viewer errors and/or ContentErrors log.

Best rgds, Lloyd

Thanks, guys.

First of all a quick intro;

My name is Lloyd Noel.

I've been an avid simmer since way back to the Sub-Logic flight sim days.

Over the years I've been active fixing other folks problems on flightsim.com hardware forum.

Now I'm the one looking for help and it looks like I've come to the right place.

As for gear, I build my own rigs.

Currently running an Intel 6700K at 4.7GHz on an ASUS Maximus Hero VIII mobo with 16GB RAM and a GTX970 video card.

OS is 64-bit Win7 Pro on a 480GB SSD. P3D is on its own 240GB SSD.

I'm using CH Products Pro Pedals, Yoke and Throttle Quad plus Saitek Multi, Radio and Switch panels.

To the problem at hand...

Micheal - The situation line in my P3D.cfg file points to this file:

B58 at KHQM.fxml (my saved default flight).

Rob - Thanks for chiming in. System details above and tomorrow when the last of my Christmas guests depart I will get back with Event Viewer errors and/or ContentErrors log.

Best rgds, Lloyd

If you use notepad on that situation file does it also have the space between "at" before and after? in the section under " filename?"

I would try using a startupfile with no space like "b58atkhqm.fxml" and check it afterwards with notepad.

I just noticed that when you check P3D_Default.fxml with notepad under the section "Filename" it has has not the underscore. I think it should.

Anyone who can chime in here?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Excuse the newbie question, but I think I did something wrong when I installed 3.1.  I uninstalled 3.0 and installed 3.1 right after, leaving all the other add-ons untouched.  When I opened the sim, I received errors about various Orbx libraries not being found.  Also, the PMDG NGX is no longer listed in the aircraft selection.  What is the best thing to do now?

Thanks

Heathrow

Micheal - I tried playing with the situation file but went back to the way it was (with spaces) as leaving the spaces out caused startup errors. As for the *default.fmxl, mine has the underscore.

Recent update - Whenever the error occurred, the event viewer showed "Driver ACPI returned invalid ID for child device". To me, that's sounds like a system error.

After a bit of googling, I found a site that suggested changing the Windows Driver Foundation Service from Manual to Automatic which I did.
Since making the change, I've logged about two hours of sim time and, so far anyway, no errors.
Time will tell if it is indeed fixed but I'm optimistic as previously I couldn't get anymore than a few minutes  into a flight before the error would occur.
Coincidence or not, right now, I'm happy. Will post back if the situation changes.
Thanks much, guys.

....Lloyd

Well today I updated P3D V3 to the latest update and it was so easy just simply by RTFM! As the manual says I uninstalled the previous client and downloaded the new client msi file. Ran it, reactivated the product and hey presto it works. I'm getting even better FPS now at EGLL with the PMDG 777 and MT6 working at UK2000 Heathrow. On the flight deck I'm getting a steady 25fps once everything has loaded up properly. Good job LM. Now I can get back to my Airline2Sim Q400 training and practising those engine failures!

David Thwaites

Well today I updated P3D V3 to the latest update and it was so easy just simply by RTFM! As the manual says I uninstalled the previous client and downloaded the new client msi file. Ran it, reactivated the product and hey presto it works. I'm getting even better FPS now at EGLL with the PMDG 777 and MT6 working at UK2000 Heathrow. On the flight deck I'm getting a steady 25fps once everything has loaded up properly. Good job LM. Now I can get back to my Airline2Sim Q400 training and practising those engine failures!

Congrats , so far i am in the same boat with 3.1. Its really nice . I can understand your enthusiasm at EGLL as this is also one of my favorite destination but sitting at an airport with 25FPS normally does not make them value for the approach. I know 25fps is nice but i need at least 35 fps up an running at an airport to claim 25-28fps on approach anyway.

Happy New Year

PS!

I am totally new to the Dash8 Pro version and i do have the Cadet training videos so maybe we should start a special forum for the new "shared cockpit" feature. Meet amature people like myself who wants to break the ice and go for it. Just my 2 cents

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png