Sign in to follow this  
Busterbvi

Aircraft veering to left on take off

Seasons greetings to the forum.  A new problem has just started in my FSX, when the plane loads (ready to fly) it is on the right side of the runway, when you power up to go it veers sharply to the left out of control. All my planes are doing it.  I have re-calibrated my CH Fighter stick and I don't use pedals. Any ideas why this is happening chaps ?

Cheers, Buster.

Are you starting from a saved flight? I had something similar happen a couple of months ago, only it was trim up, so my airplane would jump off the runway at a steep angle. I loaded a different saved flight and all was fine again.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

A lot of planes, should veer to the left, if you're not using right rudder, to keep them on the runway center line. The auto-rudder box can be checked, when not using pedals or twist grips. 

Not starting from a saved flight, I dont save flights. My planes always loaded up on the centerline of the runway, now its off on the far right side, the veer left is more of a turn, quite violent and impossible to control, this is not torque that just needs a bit of rudder input, something badly wrong here.

Not starting from a saved flight, I dont save flights. My planes always loaded up on the centerline of the runway, now its off on the far right side, the veer left is more of a turn, quite violent and impossible to control, this is not torque that just needs a bit of rudder input, something badly wrong here.

Check the exterior view, to see if the rudder,  nose/tail wheel is pointing for a left turn.

Hit Numpad+5 to center all of the flight controls before powering up for takeoff.  If you starting position on the

runway is off (Assuming that is how all of your flights start), then I would suspect something in your default

flight is off.   Try creating a new default flight.  I would hope that all of your engines are running (for

multi-engine aircraft)!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The plane loading on the right side of the runway rather than the center could be due to multiple AFCADs installed for that airport. Does it load to the right side of the runway at all airports or just one or a few?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is a long shot because it has happened to me but not mentioned here. Is the autopilot on?

I have had this happen even when starting a completely new flight with a different aircraft. Fsx sometimes seems to take the state of the aircraft from a previous flight  It happens even when the new aircraft hasn't even got an autopilot. Cured just by pressing Z

Thanks for all the input chaps, I got it sorted, I habitually fly from my local former RAF St Athan using runway 26. I went into "CURRENT LOCATION" to check the settings and found it on "ACTIVE RUNWAY" re set it back to runway 26 and job done !! Works fine now.

Cheers.  Buster.

Loading on the right and veering to the left (topic title) on takeoff to me seem like two totally different issues? I am confused!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere