Sign in to follow this  
benprojekt

FO nut turn up the flaps after landing

Hi,

first I love the new FS2Crew!! 

Problem my FO did not turn flaps up after landing. clean up works great but the flaps still in Ldg position at the gate.

Greets

Ben

Hi Ben,

Did the flaps go partially up?

If so, it means the FO is using cold wx procedures.  Basically you taxi in with the flaps down so you can inspect (at the gate) the flaps tracks for any slush/ice etc that may have gotten in the flaps tracks prior to retracting the flaps.

If not, you're usng hardware that is overriding the signal FS2Crew sends to control the flaps.

Best,

Hi,

It happened to me but as it was after a pretty hard landing, I put that onto a "after hard landing contingency procedure" even though it is not modelled!  :Tounge:

Seriously, it happened once to me recently up to now and I have not been able to determine why. The clean up and shutdown procedure were conducted normally except only for the flaps.

Maybe something prevented the FO from retracting the flaps like key conflict. 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Good Morning,

yes the flaps working in the air. I never look to the temperatures. I fly with ASN so i think the temp was always below 15° so the FO use the cold wx procedures. I´ll try it in warmer regions.

Thanks Byork for the fast help!!!!

Greets

Ben

I did a few test flights, even ib warm weather, but the fo refuses to move the flaps up. Can it have something to do that my spoilers being disarmed doesn't trigger the after landing proc? I never had the problem till recently..

Victor Roos

You fly button control SOP2? You must turn off the landing lights after the liberation of the runway. Then FO will manage the flaps. And turn on the taxi lights.

If you just say OK CLEAN UP it's not enough.

page 28 of the manual

Aleksey Kochi

i have the same problem after landing  FO doesnt retract the flaps at all

Brendon Powys

Brendon Powys

Thanks for the added info.

I examined the code and see the combination of circumstances that could cause this now.

I'll fix it in the next update.

In the meantime, if it happens to you, just retract the flaps manually.  

Best,

I've started to see this now as well a couple of times so great you already found out what combination of things could cause this.

Could you let us know what we need to make sure of for this not to happen until next version is released?

Richard Åsberg

Had this happen last night with button control, I retracted flaps manually.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310